73 FJ 40 Brake wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've read more threads here than I can count and I have to say, you all have been an unbelievable help! I have 73 FJ40 that was in rough shape when I got it, but despite some funky modifications, had decent bones. Here's why I'm writing - A PO placed an EZ wire harness in at some point. After buying the vehicle, I did a full body paint job, and removed and am switching out the exterior lights - during the painting phase all had to be removed and so now they have to be re-wired.... Anyway, after several weeks of trying different things, reading diagrams, and cruising this AMAZING forum, I now have the headlights, hazards, and turn signals working. (THANK YOU!!!).

I'm hoping you all can help me with something - I saw where Coolerman responded in a post "... it is CRITICAL that you feed the brake light signal to the OEM turn switch on the GW wire! Otherwise you will have turn signals, or brake lights, but not BOTH."

So I have 2 questions:
1. there is a GW wire at the hazard switch going to the flasher, and there is the GW wire at the turn switch (the one that is not used if you have combination lights - which I do). Which GW wire do I use and where does it get connected to?

2. I'm also a little confused with the EZ wire markings on the brake light wires. I don't see one that says brake light signal....The wire coming from the tail lights is labeled "TAIL PARK", and then I have one from the dash that says "BRAKE SWITCH". Is one of these two the one I need to feed to the OEM turn switch?

You all have been amazing and even if I received no responses, I will still be very grateful for the posts and advice you gave others. I could not have gotten this far without you. I'm hoping that you can help someone that's been in over their head since buying this get to the finish line. Thanks for any and all replies!

Thanks I ended up hooking up the brake switch wire to the G/W wire in the turn signal switch and now I have brake lights. Appreciate the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom