72F to 76 2F,tranny,t-case conversion ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cardomain.com
OK what is all involved with changing out a 72 F engine tranny and t-case with a 75 or 76 2F with 4speed tranny and t-case. Will i have to mess with my drive shafts again? what other mods are required? I have a line on this set up for $600 with around 300 hours on a rebuild. I plan on doing a 350 in the next year or two but just want to run it this year and need some thing because i don't want to rebuild the old F. Any info would be very helpful as im going to pick it up tomorrow. ...Thanks

OK what is all involved with changing out a 72 F engine tranny and t-case with a 75 or 76 2F with 4speed tranny and t-case. Will i have to mess with my drive shafts again? what other mods are required? I have a line on this set up for $600 with around 300 hours on a rebuild. I plan on doing a 350 in the next year or two but just want to run it this year and need some thing because i don't want to rebuild the old F. Any info would be very helpful as im going to pick it up tomorrow. ...Thanks

what's wrong with your F? if your going to swap to a 350 in a year or two, I wouldn't bother, just run what you have or find an F someone is pulling and use that. the F will be cheap almost free.

the swap is a bolt in, using the same mounts, but you have linkage to the carb, alt. on the other side, clutch fork on the other side, driveshaft mods, longer ebrake cable, all are easily fixed but again if your changing out in a year, there is a good chance you'll have to redo some of these mods.

if you have the small parts its pretty much a bolt in job use the f carb on the 2f evan the f manifold will work. have a 79 2f in my 70 and it all bolted in need the 4 speed d shafts with the 3 speed slip yokes and they will bolt up good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom