72 Rockcruiser V2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, havent been around this board in a bit, (Didnt have a Cruiser) but I have a feeling I will again be spending too much time here. Just picked this up last night:
new 72.jpg

Its even a 72! Built 12/71. Has a Chev 292/SM420 to 3spd cruiser case via AA adaptor. Has new wiring harness that needs to be finished for it to run. And as always a ton of little things to do. The toughest being a super hack job home made shackle/hanger drop lift that needs to be cut off an new stock mounts put back on. probably go SOA/shackle reversal.

As some of you may know, we were supposed to move to ATL for the wifes job, but there is another 72Rockcruiser V2.0 on the way! (Its a boy!!) So, we are staying put for now.

Heres some more pics and Ill have some questions Im sure.

Thanks!
rockcruiser2.0.jpg
rockcruiser3.jpg

Kyle, welcome back to into the fold! You'll have to stop by my house in it after you get it roadworthy. Let me know if I can lend a hand.

Oh, and flip the bezel!

Damn Kyle when you told me you were starting to look for another yota on tuesday I didn't think you would have one by thursday ;)

Good score buddy, looking forward to sitting back and drinking a few with you again soon.

It's been a while, why did you think you weren't part of the group just becuase you didn't have a Cruiser! :) That doesn't stop Meatball!

It's been a while, why did you think you weren't part of the group just becuase you didn't have a Cruiser! :) That doesn't stop Meatball!

Yep all you need to be a part of this club is a love for toyota's I hate seeing members disappear because their toyota does.

Nice score Kyle.

Welcome back dude. This looks like its gonna be fun.

Guys,

I believe it is actually in the ONSC Bylaws that you must own a land Cruiser or Toyota 4WD SUV.

While I have never had a problem meeting this requirement, I have never agreed with this membership bylaw. I would like us to re-think this and maybe we can vote as a group to strike it. I believe that there are plenty of great folks who have an awful lot to offer our group who may not currently own one of these machines. It should be about the love and respect for Mr. Toyoda's creations, not necessarily the ownership. What do y'all think?

Dave Rushing

Guys,

I believe it is actually in the ONSC Bylaws that you must own a land Cruiser or Toyota 4WD SUV.

While I have never had a problem meeting this requirement, I have never agreed with this membership bylaw. I would like us to re-think this and maybe we can vote as a group to strike it. I believe that there are plenty of great folks who have an awful lot to offer our group who may not currently own one of these machines. It should be about the love and respect for Mr. Toyoda's creations, not necessarily the ownership. What do y'all think?

Dave Rushing

I think at one point there was a discussion we would allow a small percentage of non-Toyota rig owners, which I'd be fine with. However, making it wide open IMO is risky... I don't want this to turn into just another Jeep club.

My .02

:beer: R

Meh. I see your point Ramon but I think if someone is searching for a Jeep club to join then they will surely be able to find one. We're a Land Cruiser club and the name itself implies that LC's will be in the majority.

Would it make any difference if I told you that I would have joined this group two years before I did if not for the bylaw? It's true. I searched for a couple of years on my own for a 'cruiser. I was on Mud gathering knowledge and I knew about ONSC but didn't approach anyone about membership until after I had bought my first 40. I had the love of 'cruisers and and I had some restoration experience that I could have brought to the table but the rules kept me away.

Having said that, I must also say that I really like our club...a lot...just like it is. You guys are the best and I feel fortunate to finally be counted in the ONSC ranks.

End of thread hijack...sorry! As you were.

Dave

I had thought of bringing that particular bylaw up for discussion actually. Other LC clubs on the east coast do not have the requirement that every member must be a 4wd Toyota owner. They're not flooded with Jeeps, but instead usually have one, maybe two, members that are close friends of another LC addict and want to be part of the fun.

I'll put up a discussion thread today.

I had thought of bringing that particular bylaw up for discussion actually. Other LC clubs on the east coast do not have the requirement that every member must be a 4wd Toyota owner. They're not flooded with Jeeps, but instead usually have one, maybe two, members that are close friends of another LC addict and want to be part of the fun.

I'll put up a discussion thread today.

Maybe just add that any non-Toy owning member should be approved by BOD? That gives flexibility but keeps controls in place. :meh:

Discussion thread will go up later today. Let's stop clogging up Kyle's (re)Introduction thread!!!

Discussion thread will go up later today. Let's stop clogging up Kyle's (re)Introduction thread!!!

Good point, sorry Kyle, and by the way - welcome back!!

We've had a nice influx of 4x series in the club in the last couple of years. I was starting to feel like the only one without a wagon there for a while!

:beer: R

Been a pretty busy holiday season, but Ive got soem work done and scored some good parts for this thing. My phone is not sending pics to my comp, so no pics for now. Got it wired to run, installed a Weber 38/38 to replace the jacked up 1bbl carb that was on it. Got an aluminum fuel cell to replace the most likely rusty inside under seat tank. Going with some SR5 4runner Buckets Ive been hoarding in my shed for awhile, will need some fab help to do those. Cleaned it up a bit here and there(sanded off green paint on the left side) Plasti-dipped wheels black with new lugs, etc. Wish my phone would work right. Anyway...its getting there, plan to have it a runner and driver very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom