Wanted 72 Hardtop Trim peice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had some issues with my top cap assembly and I need the drivers side front piece that is at the front of the cap. It is "part" of the cap and would not normally be loose.

It is about 1" wide.

Anyone have an old top out back?

I am still looking for mine, but it may not show up.

Here's my email: radjad@kfalls.net

Thanks for your time, ROB

I found it, one of my students hid it thinking it was junk?

At least I have it now.

As always, I appreciate the offers to help.

Have a good day, mine just got better.

Thanks, ROB

No! I think I told the story on the main tech board, but I will say it again for clarity. It is just a name. I used to own a CJ 5 back in college and I did the whole build up routine, including upgraded axles with 38's etc.

I repeatedly was getting passed by Toyota trucks with no more than sledgehammered wheel wells and welded diffs with 38's. I had half of my college career in my Jeep and these guys were eating me up.

This was in the deep snow, and we were floating on top with low air pressure. Anyways, I got so sick of it, that I yanked all the Dana parts etc. out and put in all pick-up mechanicals. Now that was a good truck!

I scarcely broke, got 16-18MPG and could run with and occasionally pass those who passed me.

I don't say it to inrriate anyone, it's just a name to me. I chose it when I started on the Net about 5 years ago and it has stuck with me even though I no longer have the Jeep. Ironically, one of my students does.

I use it on other boards I frequent as well.

I currently own 2 Toyota's so I guess I am safe!

Thanks for asking, ROB

Hey Rob,

Do you need the aluminum rivits which attach the front metal section to the fiberglass top? I can mail you some if you need them. They're easy to install. I seperated my front metal section for repainting when I restored my hardtop cap on my 71, as it was a lot easier for restoration work.

Lance

More info needed

Hey, I suppose this should be a tech ? but did you use real rivets or pop-rivets and did you use the hand tool or a pneumatic and where did you source them?
Next what did you use for bonding the metal to the f-glass?

landcruiserdude said:
Hey Rob,

Do you need the aluminum rivits which attach the front metal section to the fiberglass top? I can mail you some if you need them. They're easy to install. I seperated my front metal section for repainting when I restored my hardtop cap on my 71, as it was a lot easier for restoration work.

Lance

Rob, e-mail sent. FYI, I can send you some for no charge, since I have a big bag of them, and you bought parts from me previously.

Lance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom