72 aisan carb rebuild help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While prepping my carb to be dipped, I found that there wasn't the large check valve ball or spring/weight under the accel. stopper. The only thing that was present was the stopper itself.
According to an exploded view, there also should've been a gasket on top of the stopper...none there.
Upon reassembly, should I just install what I have or is there anywhere I can get these parts?

I'd call Mark A and see if he has any of those parts rolling around in his shop. If anyone could hook you up, he could.

:cheers:

I'll try him tomorrow. Someone must have rebuilt this one before me because they put the large check valve ball where the small one goes and they must have lost the small one and the spring.
Thanks.

I ran into a similar issue with the small check ball and e clip when helping a neighbor rebuild his 72. Jim C pointed me to the dealership and I loaded up just in case I need one for my 77.

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/Page...e=False&componentsID=21-03&componentsIndex=30

Looks like both the check ball for the discharge and the weight are still dealer items. Gasket cover came in my Keyster rebuild kit. Good luck.
image-4104205308.jpg

That's what I need! The weight! I didn't see it in the list, all I saw was the gasket. Would you happen to have a part#?
Thank you.

That's what I need! The weight! I didn't see it in the list, all I saw was the gasket. Would you happen to have a part#?
Thank you.

Look down the list on the Toyotapartszone.com link toward the bottom, I think that's it

WEIGHT, PUMP DISCHARGE
Replaced by: 21561-22010

Sounds like you have it covered, but I had the same issue when I rebuilt my carb. I called SOR and they were able to find the ball and clip from a carb they had -- even though they didn't have it listed as an available part on their site. Best of luck.

mydogpea said:
Thank you for your help, 77mustard40! Just ordered it!
:beer::beer::beer:

Cool and beers right back at you, hope it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom