Trade '71 VW Camper for FJ55/60/62 Atlanta, Ga (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all, its been a while since I have been here but I have come down with the cruiser bug again and I am looking to get back i to one. I have a 1971 Volkswagen Westfalia camper that I would like to try and trade for a FJ55/60 or 62.

The bus runs, drives and camps great and it has solid floors and under carraig but does have some rust on the rear fender wells and few other spots that would need to be addressed if you want a show piece. I have used it as a camper and didnt worry about it. This one has a custom interior with the full width bottom bed and a cot up in the poptop. I have added or replaced the following in th last six months....

- New Brakes and rubber brake hoses all around
- New ebrake parts
- New 27x8.5x14 Mud terrain tires all around
- Heavy duty front sway bar
- New steering damper
- Brand new 30pict carb
- Pop top was primed and painted
- New back hatch seal
- All new poptop and luggage rack seals
- New poptop canvas
- New upper cot canvas
- New flooring
- New Short stroke shifter
- New door panels all around
- New stereo system
- New front turn signals
- New sun visors
- I also have the original front cot (it needs new canvas) and original oil bath filter.

There are still a few things needed to complete interior (I have the blue plaid back bed pad I just disnt have it in for the pictures). You will need to have the driver seat reupholstered or find an original blue plaid seat (I know where one is in good shape). You would also have to do the paint and body work if you want a show car but if you want a running driving fun camper then this is it!

If you have something to trade and would like more info and/or picture let me know. I dont really mind cosmetic problems but I am not looking to trade for a mechanical project at the moment, only looking for running/driving vehicles. Trade value on the VW is $9000.

Last edited:
Pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey is this still available? I have an 85 FJ60 I’m looking to trade for a Westy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom