Wanted '71 FJ55 Fuel Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a good solid fuel tank for my '71 piggy. It is the early style tank, but if a later tank can be made to work (not sure what is involved), I'd be interested in one of those. Thanks!

the later tanks mounted on the frame with some riser brackets. I think your tank is mounted directly to the body?
Not sure if a later tank will work for you.
I have 2 of the later tanks in MT.

the later tanks mounted on the frame with some riser brackets. I think your tank is mounted directly to the body?
Not sure if a later tank will work for you.
I have 2 of the later tanks in MT.
Ill have to look but as I recall, my tank bolts directly to the frame, not to the body. I’ll check and report back. Either way, how hard could it be to fab up some mounts? I would think it’s possible. Mark me as “interested.” I’ll do a little research and get back to you. Thanks for your response!

there were some pics in this thread showing the tank bolted to the body.

I'll try to get some pics later today showing the riser mounts off the frame of the later tank.

Checked today. The tank is definitely bolted to the body. I wonder if the flange in the later tank could be drilled to mount to the body? Alternatively, wondering how hard it would be to drill the frame for the late tank frame mounted risers? It seems like it could be done. Anybody done a mid model tank in an early truck? If so, PM me and give me the low down.

Would this work?
From a 71 “Euro” import apparently?
Located in AZ.

DE7C63B2-2CF4-4DEB-A544-D87D623E1843.jpeg

4C7D8C9A-73D8-4947-9A41-2FD1D13659B7.jpeg

I have a 1970 gas tank for $100
Located in Idaho
Ben, where in Idaho? I'm in Boise, might need a tank. If the OP doesn't want\need it, of course.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom