71 FJ40: what is this port too (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could ASK (not that I guarantee an answer). It seems you have a little bit of a chip on your shoulder; don’t know where that came from, especially since I helped you acquire a ConFerr seat you were after.

The wide runner intake found on 68 and early’69 engines was the ONLY exception to fitment of the header, because it’s extra wide runners are just too fat, compared to ALL THE OTHER intakes. I considered dealing with it, and talked to my header builder about it 15 years ago, when I took over making the headers from Downey. The tighter required radius bend would have been too sharp, and even mandrel bent, would have compromised the tubing. Not worth it just to squeeze that one year into the app.
All that said, @Vintij74 was determined to have both, and he filed the intake and dimpled the header until they worked. He has pics posted.

You’re welcome.
Good morning Mark. I called and left a VM at your shop, if you have the time to call and chat, I would like to talk. I edited my posts above for clarity. If you want, I'll delete them altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom