'71 fj40 rear bumper dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to know the dimensions of the a stock rear bumper for a '71 fj40. I need to fab a new one and want to use oem tail lights. Pictures would be a big plus.
I still haven't figured out what the po was trying to do the factory bumper. They hacked it all up. I guess a torch was easier than a wrench. ::)
Thanks,
Steve

I dont think 71 40s have bumpers they just have bumperets and a tow hitch in the middle,at least that is how mine was.

Yup, no bumper just the little hoop shaped bumberetts. The tail lights hang off brakets that bolt to the back frame cross member. If they cut up the frame that would really suck. SOR.COM has pictures of them.

Here is a stock 71 rear end. I measured out my rear frame member, which is what I assume you mean. 49 5/8 inches wide by 4 1/4 inches tall and 2 1/2 deep. Lemme know if you need more details.

Thanks Dave,
Exactly what I was looking for.

Here is a stock 71 rear end. I measured out my rear frame member, which is what I assume you mean. 49 5/8 inches wide by 4 1/4 inches tall and 2 1/2 deep. Lemme know if you need more details.
Is it 49 5/8 wide including the brackets that hold the round stop lights? total? I’m trying to get the measure of the bumper before adding the stop light mounts.

Is it 49 5/8 wide including the brackets that hold the round stop lights? total? I’m trying to get the measure of the bumper before adding the stop light mounts.
This is a 15 year old thread.

😂ok. I’ll fig it out. Don’t. Price it was that old. My chassi diagram is not that average. but I’ll get it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom