71 Brake Booster Seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skreddy

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have a source for seals for the brake booster on a 71 FJ40? I’ve figured out mine is leaking around the front pushrod seal. Saw some posts when searching that reference a generic metric seal but no part numbers. I see Toyota still shows the minor parts kit, but no details on what’s in it.

My local dealer cannot get the parts kit in and $225 seems steep anyway. Called Booster Dewey’s business and they are sending me the front pushrod seal to try. If that doesn’t fix it, I’ll get a reman booster from them. Should fix it though: I can plug that seal and the booster will hold 25” of vacuum just fine.

My local dealer cannot get the parts kit in and $225 seems steep anyway. Called Booster Dewey’s business and they are sending me the front pushrod seal to try. If that doesn’t fix it, I’ll get a reman booster from them. Should fix it though: I can plug that seal and the booster will hold 25” of vacuum just fine.
any luck?? i need the same seal...

Well, the seal I got worked great and fixed my issue. Did some testing and found a readily available seal from Toyota that also worked, with some caveats. The seal is 44621-28120 and it’s a booster seal for a Celica (?).
The two potential issues:
The bore diameter is slightly smaller, less than 1 mm, so some rubber safe lube is a good idea.
The seal doesn’t fit over the washer like the stock one does, so it will need to be sandwiched between two washers to provide enough rigidity to work.
Seemed to work for me, but ultimately I used the correct seal I got from Booster Dewey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom