70’s race fj40 identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That incredible. It still has the same tires. I guess it goes by #247 now. Time to order a pic.

Thank you potato launcher !

C174B4D5-A70F-42D0-BEA4-063C5994C8C6.jpeg

Do you have a museum to keep it in? Problem with this is once you start fixing it up you lose history and value. Unless you can dig up enough history may not be worth leaving it as it is now. Believe there is one that raced Baja in the museum in Utah. That one is a 73 and has fair an amount of known history. It won it's class. Can't remember if it was pictured in old Man-A-Fre catalogs (would have to look). Think SOR may have had it for a while.

Do you have a museum to keep it in? Problem with this is once you start fixing it up you lose history and value. Unless you can dig up enough history may not be worth leaving it as it is now. Believe there is one that raced Baja in the museum in Utah. That one is a 73 and has fair an amount of known history. It won it's class. Can't remember if it was pictured in old Man-A-Fre catalogs (would have to look). Think SOR may have had it for a while.
I know Specter had a 73 in their museum with Baja pedigree back in the 90s. Have pics somewhere of it.

May be mistaken but thought it was now in Heritage Museum. I have a number of Man-A-Fre catalogs from the seventies and eighties. Have a SOR which is not much more than a flyer from late eighties and then a number catalogs, earliest being a 1991. Remember this one being pictured at least once in catalogs. Also pretty sure it was a 73 model.
Correct on 73. I don't recall seeing it in any of the SOR catalogs, mostly the firetrucks and the 6 wheel Cruiser later on.
I do recall seeing it in Marv's museum in person though. Had to have been 1995ish.

Intake manifold is stock, but with Downey Holley 350 2 barrel adapter. I do not know the names on this rig, I actually only know of a couple Landcruiser's that raced in Baja races in the 1970's. Downey did not get into full blown Baja/Desert racing until 1984 when we started sponsoring the Toyota factory race team with Ivan Stewart.

Intake manifold is stock, but with Downey Holley 350 2 barrel adapter. I do not know the names on this rig, I actually only know of a couple Landcruiser's that raced in Baja races in the 1970's. Downey did not get into full blown Baja/Desert racing until 1984 when we started sponsoring the Toyota factory race team with Ivan Stewart.
Wow, thanks for letting me know. Check out the sticker on the fire extinguisher box..

image.jpg

A bit of a side topic, but this was what I thought was the first 2 barrel offy I had ever seen! I've only actually seen a 4 barrel version up until now. Did they make a 2 barrel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom