700r4 toybox wardencase with a tuffy box? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i guess this is the right section but im putting in a 700 to a toybox to cruisercase anyone know if the tuffycenter console will work wil out modifying it?

I installed a 2F/465/Toybox/Orion. This truck also has a tuffy center box. I had to extend the shifter and angle it towards the left side of the main shifter cane. Not that big of a deal...the Toybox shifts really easy...and there is not a lot of movement to make it happen...

I know that there are pictures of this someplace.....I have been looking all over for them....

I will post up a link, or a couple pics when I find them...

Good luck!

-Steve

Poser said:
I installed a 2F/465/Toybox/Orion. This truck also has a tuffy center box. I had to extend the shifter and angle it towards the left side of the main shifter cane. Not that big of a deal...the Toybox shifts really easy...and there is not a lot of movement to make it happen...

I know that there are pictures of this someplace.....I have been looking all over for them....

I will post up a link, or a couple pics when I find them...

Good luck!

-Steve
ok ill try searching more i looked but didnt find anything

I would call marlin, Which Toybox adapter on the back? 3spd, 4spd or split? I am pretty sure the splits were getting a cable actuated thing that came out the shift pin for the toybox. Then you can mount it anywhere..
I personally prefer direct engagement. Steve's right tho it can be welded and moved. Marlin make shifters that move within 4" or so of the center.. if you go further and still want direct shift you might want the quickshift top plate so the throw isn't as far.

ill call them today there phone is always busy though, its going to a 3speed case i dont have a tuffy box but i want one and didnt want to go buy one and then find out it wont fit

I would get the tuffy box that you want, and get it mounted up where you want it also, with cup holders of course, and then work around it...

Good luck!

-Steve

Ditto what Steve said..
Marlin could possibly make a cable shift.
Get a short throw shifter for the toybox if needed and if no cable offered move the shifter location to the desired point.
Marlin has used shifters that have been cut if you don't want to ruin a newer one.

talked to marlin today and they can somewhat do a cable shifter i have to make most and fab it up its been done once and marlin said the guy that did it said it was a huge pain in the ass so ill proubly just start hacking things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom