'70 Wiper motor electrics help needed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw the note stating mm but you are showing 0.785mm diameter for the metal shaft. That's slightly larger than a mechanical pencil lead.

The durometer is differentiated by the Shores category, I was just ensuring I understood what you were describing, and I am a rocket scientist.

That is what I was expecting but have never seen one of these personally.

Yep. Sorry, that was a typo. I'll remove it again tomorrow and re-size it. Brain fart. My bad.

The shaft is 2.785mm.

Thank you. Can you update the other dimensions too please? Will you be able to Beta test the LRIP?

Okay. I had the caliper on inches I think. Here's metric for sure. The battery is low and hard to read. I'll blame that and not looking at the measurements and realizing how stupid they were. I'm back on earth now.

Plastic knob is: 5.0mm in diameter by 4.7mm tall.
Steel rod is 2.0mm in diameter by 8.54mm tall.

I can't beta test what I don't know. What's an LRIP?

Now that's some funny sh** right there. :rofl:

Thanks for getting the dimensions for me.

LRIP= Limited Rate Initial Production, something between prtotyping and manufacturing.

When will the first prototype be available for us low lives? I'll be more than proud to test it out. It's one of the finishing touches on my FJ40 build. Click on the STPHCLD link in my sig.

So... You mentioned rocket science. Which this part isn't. Was exactly is your line of work? You've got me curious...

I'm an electrical engineer that designs and flies high powered rockets.

@Cromagnon
You mind if I ask about when I might see the first trial of the "parking rod?" I'm down to the short hairs getting this truck completed.

I do not have a timeline for fabricating this part yet. I'm drawing the part up this weekend and will send it to the machinest next week. This is a very low priority for him so I don't have any idea how long before he turns the metal piece. In the meantime I'll print an overmold for the plastic tip and patiently wait.

I get it. Thanks. I just hope it's weeks and not months, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom