70 seris/g wagen owner in powell river (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

semlin

curmudgeon
Threads
so i'm cruising down this rural road north of powell river and I spot a drive way with two 71/74s and a pair of swb g-wagens plus assorted other vehicles. Is this a club member? Anyone know if this guy is importing g wagens?

Tim Clements. Local importer. I think he is transitioning from Crusers to MBs. I don't really know him, since he's mad at me for buying my HJ61 from Marko...

You can see some of his inventory at the used car lot on Duncan Street. He's got a 87 Surf and a Pre '87 HJ61 there now.

I've sent him e-mails to direct him to this site, but don't think he's ever made it to any of the forums...

His website is: www.japancruiser.com
His phone number is: 1-888-483-6313

Ahhh..Powell River, my old stomping grounds and still home to one of my cruisers.
Just up there for a vacation I gather? if you get a chance, spend a couple days on a float cabin on Powell Lake...so relaxing.

I had heard of this guy before..but no details. His website needs some work it seems tho...hummers? yuck :censor: well...those kind of hummers anyways :grinpimp:

interesting. i missed the lot on duncan street but i did see two RHD mitsubishi pajeros for sale on cranberry street. There was a guy with a cherry red diesel swb lhd soft top G-wagon on the ferry as well. Might have been him. They are certainly nice looking but I wonder where he is finding them at a price worth importing into Canada?

back in town now. managed to camp up in desolation sound in the boat. did a little exploring around powell river but not on any FSRs this time. I definitely want to try a canoe trip circuit on powell lake over to duck lake in a couple of years when my son is big enough to swing a paddle.

Powell forest canoe route is supposed to be pretty nice..wasnt into paddling when I was growing up there tho.
I guess i wont get any more wierd looks driving my RHD fj45 around there anymore.

Oh..another 'must see' when in PR...take the shuttle service from Lund over to Savary Island. A tropical paradise..its awesome over there.

Hey!

Shhh...quit talking nice about Powell River in public. It's a stinky mill town remember... ;) You DON'T want to move here! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom