70 series suspension/drivetrain cross-reference list? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Of course, all? of the 70 series are foreign trucks which were never sold new in the US, and only a few years in Canada with the BJ74 etc.

Many parts are unavailable locally from wreckers in North America, as they were never sold here. Most of the drivetrain components on the later trucks weren't used on other models here either. My 70 series rear axle seems a bit heavier built than my neighbor's Tundra, for example.

Can a fellow nab certain bits and pieces from a wrecked Sequoia rear suspension to repair a downer 70 series? Is there a front brake disc recycled on other domestic Toyota truck models? The costs of new genuine parts is so high here, and the value of domestic Toyota wrecks is so low, that some important parts may interchange?

None of my checks on toyodiy had shown anything I could nab when planning work. If it really is so narrow, perhaps a list can be generated for a run to the local pick and pull with toolbox in hand?

Of course, all? of the 70 series are foreign trucks which were never sold new in the US, and only a few years in Canada with the BJ74 etc.

Many parts are unavailable locally from wreckers in North America, as they were never sold here. Most of the drivetrain components on the later trucks weren't used on other models here either. My 70 series rear axle seems a bit heavier built than my neighbor's Tundra, for example.

Can a fellow nab certain bits and pieces from a wrecked Sequoia rear suspension to repair a downer 70 series? Is there a front brake disc recycled on other domestic Toyota truck models? The costs of new genuine parts is so high here, and the value of domestic Toyota wrecks is so low, that some important parts may interchange?

None of my checks on toyodiy had shown anything I could nab when planning work. If it really is so narrow, perhaps a list can be generated for a run to the local pick and pull with toolbox in hand?

I think you have to split this into what "fits/can be used" and what is the "same part". Obviously the "same part" can be checked in and EPC as you have done with toyodiy. There are some threads out there for specific things like Brake compatibilty with 80 series, axle internals with 60/mini truck, and lots on 1hz/hd comparable and available part numbers.

Thanks for that. I looked for an older cross-reference post here on ih8mud and came up empty. I checked with Dr. Google too.

I understand your point of what matches part number is different than what will fit/made to fit. It seems that once and awhile a bracket or a spacer may differ between models, and this will throw off the suffix of the part number entirely, although a fellow might be able to part that new/used assembly together with his without any trouble.

I noticed that the brake booster and pedal for mid-1990's Toyota T200 pickup, and LC Prado looked very simmilar to the assembly missing on my 2003 HZJ79. Parts cross reference numbers came up as completely different suffixes though, even just the pedal alone.

Please pass on any relevant websites that have tracked these cross-references. I expect I'll need to do the footwork with measuring tape here though.

Thanks for that. I looked for an older cross-reference post here on ih8mud and came up empty. I checked with Dr. Google too.

I understand your point of what matches part number is different than what will fit/made to fit. It seems that once and awhile a bracket or a spacer may differ between models, and this will throw off the suffix of the part number entirely, although a fellow might be able to part that new/used assembly together with his without any trouble.

I noticed that the brake booster and pedal for mid-1990's Toyota T200 pickup, and LC Prado looked very simmilar to the assembly missing on my 2003 HZJ79. Parts cross reference numbers came up as completely different suffixes though, even just the pedal alone.

Please pass on any relevant websites that have tracked these cross-references. I expect I'll need to do the footwork with measuring tape here though.

I just realized your truck is a 1999+, so that will be a little harder for us USA guys to help with some parts. But your front axle is the same components as an 80 series aside from the housing diameter and Hub (stud count).

Here is one I saved on the Brakes, not sure if yours is Drum or disk.

I also believe that under that Rear caliper swap train of though with 80 series, some one also used the master cyclinder/booster, but I need to find that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom