70 series sliders ( sneak peak ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oregongrain.com
I'm joining the vendor ranks here shortly and I thought I would show off a version of sliders were are developing for the 70 series. The pics below are for a LJ73. This style is called "The Ritz". It has a little kick out at the rear wheel well. I will get some installed pics this week.

Specs: 1.5" Dom Tubing (.120 wall thickness)

Sneak peak by the LJ73
DSCN4741.jpg

Better view. There will be lateral support added.
DSCN4742.jpg

Close up pre-weld
DSCN4738.jpg

Bull are you gonna have weld on and bolt on units?

Swanky!!! how much and when are you thinking your going to be ready?

Prices are going to be dependant on weld on or bolt on. The bolt ons will be a little more expensive.

There is also the issue of the exhaust routing between the body and frame. We are going to build them to go around the exhaust as a test case. If it works great, but the exhaust may have to be re-routed on stock applications.

We are heading to Cruise Moab to test them out at the end of this month. If all goes well they will be available in May.

I have designed another set of sliders for my BJ70 and will post up some pics later today.

There is also the issue of the exhaust routing between the body and frame. We are going to build them to go around the exhaust as a test case. If it works great, but the exhaust may have to be re-routed on stock applications.

Nice even though i'm not a fan of the kick out sliders.

IMHO you'll be limiting yourself if you require exhaust movement. Many people want a bolt on application for a stock or semi stock rig. 80's do it with 2 cats...

Doesn't matter to me though the bj is at the exhaust shop getting 2 1/2 straight pipe routed in the frame rail as we speak :grinpimp: I only requested a flex joint and I'm not running a wastegate at all. I can't wait.

Hopefully I'll be able to get out to moab for a day or two to see your junk ;):cool: It's fast approaching

Last edited:
Nice even though i'm not a fan of the kick out sliders. 80's do it with 2 cats...

IMHO you'll be limiting yourself if you require exhaust movement. Many people want a bolt on application for a stock or semi stock rig.

Doesn't matter to me though the bj is at the exhaust shop getting 2 1/2 straight pipe routed in the frame rail as we speak :grinpimp: I only requested a flex joint and I'm not running a wastegate at all. I can't wait.

Hopefully I'll be able to get out to moab for a day or two to see your junk ;):cool: It's fast approaching

I have a set that doesn't have the kick out also. Orange crate wanted to try a different design so we ran with it. All in all I will offer 3 turn key designs. I can also cook up anything you can draw up.

It would be cool to hook up if you are around. Let me know.

A ride? Definatly, I think you're driving it this go around though. Are you back out this way for a while?

I'm already on to plotting an intercooler and some other mods.

Here is a set I'm putting on my BJ70 for moab. We are calling these "The Moab" sliders.

Details 1.5" DOM Tubing w/.120 thickness

DSCN4750.jpg

cross post pic for reference.

DSCN4746.jpg

not too shabby! Have you guys worked out pricing yet?

I have like many others routed my exhaust right out the side, do you think you will build a set for that set-up, my truck is the four door Lj78

i like the kick at the end, nice and clean and different.

for myself, if i was considering running the sliders then i would rerout the exhaust inside the frame and keep the outside clean.
exhaust details, drop down from turbo, under driveshaft very close to cross member, and back along the inside of frame to rear and dump behind rear tire 1/2 distance of tire width... works well and contrary to what i thought the bend under the driveshaft has never been crushed on any of the units i have done this to.

keep up the good work M8

i like the kick at the end, nice and clean and different.

for myself, if i was considering running the sliders then i would rerout the exhaust inside the frame and keep the outside clean.
exhaust details, drop down from turbo, under driveshaft very close to cross member, and back along the inside of frame to rear and dump behind rear tire 1/2 distance of tire width... works well and contrary to what i thought the bend under the driveshaft has never been crushed on any of the units i have done this to.

keep up the good work M8

That works great Wayne, unless you have cable lockers then the cable is in the way:crybaby:

Cheers,

Michael

No not yet. Waiting for the price of steel to simmer down then I will get pricing.

Here is a pic ready to weld on.

Is that the only way you are going to offer them is a weld on? I would think the bolt onto the frame would work better.

Cheers,

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom