Registry Global 70-series Registry (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all.

I live in Tanzania, in east Africa, and have been a member of the Mud community since I bought my first TLC 5 years ago. I've owned 60- and 80-series cruisers (plus 2 Hilux Surf) but have coveted the 70 since I got to drive one for a year as a Peace Corps leader in west Africa in the late 90s. Unfortunately, on my teacher salary the 70 always seems to be just beyond my price range.

I was just watching this Andrew St Pierre White video, in which he reviews changes to the Aussie-spec 70 series TLC for the 2017 model year. At the very end of the video he mentions that 'an insider' says Toyota is considering bringing the 70 to the USA for the 2018 model year. Have any of you heard this news? Any 'inside info' that may be more reliable than what ASPW has? It would be so awesome to have a Troopy in the mountainous western US....

Here's the video if you're interested:

That would be AWESOME!!!!

Sirs good morning, i am from the Philippines , a member of the Marine Corps. i had been "lurking" for a while and finally joined the group.

i have an LJ78, with modifications as follows, Ironman suspension upgrades, cooper tires, LSD at rear, it converted to LHD since it is a JDM unit anyway i think pictures will mean than a thousand words.

I was admiring the technical know hows of everybody and i do need to read more and learn from you guys… thanks for accepting
20170115_081759_zpsdkn0c89u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20170115_081828_zpsfwvstoly.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20170115_081812_zpsxixw2zvz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sirs good morning, i am from the Philippines , a member of the Marine Corps. i had been "lurking" for a while and finally joined the group.

i have an LJ78, with modifications as follows, Ironman suspension upgrades, cooper tires, LSD at rear, it converted to LHD since it is a JDM unit anyway i think pictures will mean than a thousand words.

I was admiring the technical know hows of everybody and i do need to read more and learn from you guys… thanks for accepting

20170115_081751.jpg
20170115_081812.jpg
20170115_081812.jpg
20170115_081828.jpg
20170115_081828.jpg

View attachment 1382976 View attachment 1382977 View attachment 1382977 View attachment 1382979 View attachment 1382979

That's a beautiful looking rig you've got there, congrats!

I bought an FJ75 a few weeks ago. No paperwork with it. It has a 3F engine, 5spd box and a steel grille. PO says he thinks it is 1985 or 86. Judging by the grille I'm guessing he's about right. It is a totally unmolested vehicle, and well looked after mechanically. Although I know the frame number from the plate on the fire wall I cannot find the stamped frame number on the frame. Can somebody please point me in the correct direction.

I bought an FJ75 a few weeks ago. No paperwork with it. It has a 3F engine, 5spd box and a steel grille. PO says he thinks it is 1985 or 86. Judging by the grille I'm guessing he's about right. It is a totally unmolested vehicle, and well looked after mechanically. Although I know the frame number from the plate on the fire wall I cannot find the stamped frame number on the frame. Can somebody please point me in the correct direction.
frame number should be outside of frame right behind the right front shock.

Marine Blaster do you have a colour code for that rig? Looks good.

Hey folks, just jumped into the 70 series fray. Took a gamble on a Japanese auction and got a nice little HZJ73. It's a 1990 with circa 230k KM. Very original with clean paint and a decent interior. Stock altimeter pod doesn't work, missing headunit, and a squeaky speedo cable, but otherwise a blast to tool around in and very clean mechanically. This will be my tester to see if the kids like camping/overlanding in a badass truck more than they do in a crossover... we'll see how that goes. Might have to move up to a 77 eventually for the extra doors and space.

Coming up is some rust repair (lower rails in front of rear tires) and installing rear seat belts. Other stuff in due time, won't be a full trail rig, but should be capable of hitting a lot of action in stock form. Have already been exploiting the "what did you do" post for all the ideas I'd ever want (and far more than I'd be able to afford!).

@Domisean Welcome to the fray. you grill is from a newer 7X. Add a 77, you won't regret the space.

You house has a very Misawa-feel to it. Is that an R32 I spy in the background?

Last edited:
Welcome to the fray. Add a 77. You won't regret the space.

Is that a r32 I see?

Good eyes Divemedic, that was my toy I brought back when we moved back from Japan last year. I'm as much a friend of tarmac as I am of gravel!

I was looking for the 77 but got impatient when I found the 73 on the block and saw how nice it looked. Love the idea of being able to remove the top too, but the interior isn't exactly all weather suitable.

Your 32 looks familiar but there were several grey gtrs running around. Where did you come out of?

Your 32 looks familiar but there were several grey gtrs running around. Where did you come out of?

We lived at Camp Zama for a 3 year tour, was a great time and we still miss the Japanese. How much longer are you out there? Bringing the 77 back with you?

Nissan made a bunch more gunmetal GTRs than the other colors, so it's a pretty common color these days. A better pic -

IMG_0704 (1).JPG

Not familiar with Zara. I was in kadena. There was a 32 with the same wheels (te37s I think?) there. Sexy as hell in person. Is your dash cracked?

Not familiar with Zara. I was in kadena. There was a 32 with the same wheels (te37s I think?) there. Sexy as hell in person. Is your dash cracked?

We were about an hour West of Tokyo. Decent location for weekend travel and such. Correct on the wheels. Dash is clean! I looked for one with a clean dash because I wasn't a fan of the "dash bubble". Also reupholstered the seats with black leather as the alcantara was on it's way out. The car is crazy clean to be honest-- feels, drives, smells like it should. Trying to figure out what to do with the 73's interior as it could use some freshening.

I never got to Kadena or Okinawa, pretty bummed about that, I hear it's beautiful and very different than the big island.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom