70 Series Reference History/Photo Books? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if there is a reference level book in japanese or in english available on the history and development of 70 series landcruisers?

I am looking for a sort of "bible" of landcruisers.

What about landcruisers in general with sections pertaining specifically to 70's?

Any photo books?

I tried searching but couldn't find anything conclusive... I almost feel like some of the members on here are so knowledgeable they could be authors of an academic level book on the topic.

The Land Cruiser Legend: Toyota's Cult Four Wheelers - All Models and Series, from 1951 to the Present​

Front Cover

Alexander Wohlfarth

The Land Cruiser Legend: Toyota's Cult Four Wheelers - All Models and Series, from 1951 to the Present​

Front Cover

Alexander Wohlfarth
Seems only german version of the updated book is available anywhere, might go with that.

Found these additionally:

Seems only german version of the updated book is available anywhere, might go with that.

Found these additionally:

I have the 2012 English version. There are 32 pages dedicated to the 70 series.

Did you like the book overall? Is it technical or pretty general?
I really enjoy looking at it from time to time. The technical specs are all there as sidebars while the chapter write ups are easy reading. Lots of excellent photos.
Here’s an excerpt:
“To compete the confusion caused by engine model proliferation, for a time BJ73 models produced in the Portuguese plant (for Portugal and Italy) were powered by 66A engines, supplied by Stabilmenti Meccanici VM S.p.A. These, however, were beset by significant quality control issues, and therefore did not enjoy a long production run.”

tempImageUI9y1t.jpg

All three are pretty awesome, translating is more challenging for the two on the left fully in Japanese, but wow the one in the center has an astounding amount of technical specifications and detailed info about all 70 models made. The one on the right follows Takeshi Namba throughout a tour in Australia as a side topic, but is also a very detailed overview of the 70 series in general. Awesome photography in all three, the middle one on the 70 series alone is more of a reference level book with fewer images and more data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom