Wanted 70 Series Near Indianapolis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You may find one, and I get that being able to look at one local is cool but with the help around here you should consider one from another member in these classifieds if you can't find one. Every time I settle for a vehicle that is close to me it seems like I am compromising something (color, engine, condition, rust, etc.). I about guarantee you will end up with a new friend if you pick one up from a long term member, plus a nice road trip. You probably already know these things as you have been here a lot longer than me!

good luck on the search.

You may find one, and I get that being able to look at one local is cool but with the help around here you should consider one from another member in these classifieds if you can't find one. Every time I settle for a vehicle that is close to me it seems like I am compromising something (color, engine, condition, rust, etc.). I about guarantee you will end up with a new friend if you pick one up from a long term member, plus a nice road trip. You probably already know these things as you have been here a lot longer than me!

good luck on the search.
True, I’ve had good luck buying from members on here. That’s why I’m looking here first. I have to put a geographical region to start my search and sometimes really nice rigs come out of the woodwork that weren’t for sale because they know it’s going to a good home. Especially in the mid-west where if it gets in the wrong hands it will get left outside in the winter.

True, I’ve had good luck buying from members on here. That’s why I’m looking here first. I have to put a geographical region to start my search and sometimes really nice rigs come out of the woodwork that weren’t for sale because they know it’s going to a good home. Especially in the mid-west where if it gets in the wrong hands it will get left outside in the winter.
True. Good point. It would be cool to get that call about one you never knew was there. Good luck!

Willing to sell. I have 1990 LJ70 LHD, 5 speed. 2LT. Turbo Diesel.
New head cylinder, alternator, clutch fan, water pump, engine gaskets, bushings, thermostat, radiator, Clutch, timing belt.
Old man emu suspension, KM3 295 tires, low profile roof rack, front rally style bumper, Fog lights.
Located in Knoxville TN, been in the US since March 2018.

facebook_1591280922964_6674315940313324573.jpg

Not to hijack but, 4runnermods who makes that rack? I've been looking for one like that for my 77 and only see them for 60,80,100s.

BTW nice rig, OP that looks like a nice option.

Not to hijack but, 4runnermods who makes that rack? I've been looking for one like that for my 77 and only see them for 60,80,100s.

BTW nice rig, OP that looks like a nice option.
Those are made in Venezuela by TMT4x4, I sell them but they are not shipping right now. There is only one rack of the 77 in the US that I sold to a member, and only 70 rack is mine. I can let you know when they will start fabrication in the US.
Email me at Jorge@4runnermods.com

FB_IMG_1600445846343.jpg

FB_IMG_1600445837936.jpg

Hey Lee,
Going to be listing a low mileage (122km, so roughly 75k miles) LHD bj73 in the near future. Cabrio version, so rear roll bar & removable upper doors & fold down windshield. It is presently getting a body on resto/paint, but should be super nice when it is finished. The original plan was to have the shop do quarter panels, windshield & fenders, but it didn’t seem right to stop there, once they were done, so we just had them do it all. I’ll drop a couple pics below, but I can send you a couple hundred or so from the shop, if you want more detail.

it’s in Boulder, but if we had a deal I could drive it to Indy for delivery & just call it a visit with my family. My mom would probably bake you a cake for that!

ED3C7ABF-4162-4887-95D9-9B3021EFC455.jpeg
82F68BC5-B1AE-4ED6-B279-EC29A885601D.jpeg
69B451C3-6F36-482F-8B23-64336DA1DC7E.jpeg
4CC24F5D-E812-4BDD-82ED-3F29A3EA3408.jpeg
View attachment 2590549View attachment 2590549

Those are made in Venezuela by TMT4x4, I sell them but they are not shipping right now. There is only one rack of the 77 in the US that I sold to a member, and only 70 rack is mine. I can let you know when they will start fabrication in the US.
Email me at Jorge@4runnermods.com

It must have been you that I spoke to awhile back because I also tried to buy the same rack for my 77 through the website. The more I look at it though, it seems awfully low to the roof sheet metal which does make it attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom