70 series full floater locker ready (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my personal axle out of my 40, so the rear perches have been cut and narrowed to fit on 40 series springs. The cable locker has been removed, but the housing is locker ready and the long splined axle shafts are included....which means you could drop an 80 series locking diff right in and be ready to go. All seals were replaced before putting it in my truck about 600 miles ago...drum brakes worked very well, but I upgraded to a disk FF axle for the fun of it. All you need is your own third member, and the three studs to mount either a non locker or locker third (the studs are different lengths depending on what you install) Does not include parking brake cable. North Carolina $SOLD SOLD SOLD

Last edited:
price change

bump.

This is my personal axle out of my 40, so the rear perches have been cut and narrowed to fit on 40 series springs. The cable locker has been removed, but the housing is locker ready and the long splined axle shafts are included....which means you could drop an 80 series locking diff right in and be ready to go. All seals were replaced before putting it in my truck about 600 miles ago...drum brakes worked very well, but I upgraded to a disk FF axle for the fun of it. All you need is your own third member, and the three studs to mount either a non locker or locker third (the studs are different lengths depending on what you install) Does not include parking brake cable. North Carolina $650

So help me out, does this have dirc brakes or drum, and if you added the disc is this 3rd party or OEM disc brakes in the rear?

Thanks,

Michael

This is a late model drum unit. It has the cable actuated parking brake and a single wheel cylinder per wheel. Much easier to maintain than an early axle. I replaced this axle with a complete disk unit on my 40 because the backing plates are completely different between the two. I only did that because I could, not because I really needed to.......I just had the option.

Yup. I was at Rubicon, so I missed the post....sorry.

Axle weighs in at 210 pounds without pallet.

bumpy

SOLD today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom