SOLD PENDING 70 series front axle with e-locker and actuator - complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LCMoneyPit

SILVER Star
Threads
70 series front axle
early 90s
8 inch, high pinion
4.11 gears
electric hubs - can be converted to manual hubs
e-locker
includes the locker actuator - this was from a 24 volt JDM rig - but you could also convert it over for cable or air
I'm in the Seattle area but will be driving over to Idaho, Utah, down to the LA/SD area then back up through Oregon sometime in the next couple/few weeks and could meet up along the way.
$1500

IMG_0476.JPEG

IMG_0477.JPEG

IMG_0478.JPEG

IMG_0479.JPEG

IMG_0480.JPEG

IMG_0481.JPEG

IMG_0482.JPEG

IMG_0483.JPEG

IMG_0484.JPEG

IMG_0485.JPEG

Last edited:
I'd love to but I won't be able to pull that off. We could look at shipping at your cost though.

Anyone know if this is a suitable donor for a disc swap to a 77 FJ40? I'm guessing not from what I've read, but can't find anything conclusive. @cruiseroutfit or @orangefj45?

Funny, I just messaged David back on this axle.

No, different diff, inner axles, birfs, knuckles, etc :D

You need knuckles from:
9/75-1/79 4x/5x
1/79-1/90 4x/5x/6x/7x
or
79-85 PU/4RNR

Tons more info on that here: Tech Talk: Ultimate 40/55 Series Disc Brake Conversion Parts Thread (Work in Progress) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tech-talk-ultimate-40-55-series-disc-brake-conversion-parts-thread-work-in-progress.1039423/

You need knuckles from:
9/75-1/79 4x/5x
1/79-1/90 4x/5x/6x/7x
or
79-85 PU/4RNR

Tons more info on that here: Tech Talk: Ultimate 40/55 Series Disc Brake Conversion Parts Thread (Work in Progress) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tech-talk-ultimate-40-55-series-disc-brake-conversion-parts-thread-work-in-progress.1039423/
I read that thread and it's what clued me in... I really appreciate the definitive weigh in!

You need knuckles from:
9/75-1/79 4x/5x
1/79-1/90 4x/5x/6x/7x
or
79-85 PU/4RNR

How about as a direct drop in? Are the spring perch center distances the same on this axle as an FJ40 axle?

No they are not. You would need to relocate both perches.
Do you know the WMS width of this 70 series axle? I realize you are not the seller or OP, but when this axle (or one similar) was posted for sale previously, I searched for this info and could not find it....

I might question the high pinion diff up front. Read the E-locker 9 1/2" from the rear axle had oil pan issues on a FJ40 without a lift.

How about as a direct drop in? Are the spring perch center distances the same on this axle as an FJ40 axle?

No, the perches are different between the two. You could modify the housing and mount to a 40.

Do you know the WMS width of this 70 series axle? I realize you are not the seller or OP, but when this axle (or one similar) was posted for sale previously, I searched for this info and could not find it....
IIRC it should be around 56.3”. I actually have one of these sitting on my shop floor right now. Planned to swap it into the front of my fj40 but got a good deal on an fj62 front axle and used those components instead. At college atm but can update you with a more accurate wms measurement next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom