For Sale 70 series electric locking axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just trying to help out a local that rolled his truck. No insurance so he is selling off the parts to fund a new truck.

Engine Tranny and TC gone but the axles are still for sale.

70 series electric lockers, post 1990 so 8" front ring gear, high pinion with larger than pre 1990 Birfs (have a ring around the base). Recent change to 4.55:1 gears. Rear axle is FF with electric locker and stock Toyota disks. About 100,000km total mileage = 60,000 miles.

70 series axles are just a bit wider than 40 series so you will have to move the spring pads inboard to make these work on a 40. The difference is 15 mm or about 1/2" plus a hair. I don't think they will fit a 55 or a 60.

Price is 270,000 yen = about $2200 US and some change.

Seller will provide the electric control system and the dash meter set with the locking lights (but it is 24 volts so not that useful unless you are running a 1HZ engine) for an extra 20,000 yen (about $160 US).

I can box and ship but you will have to pay me for the cost of the wood and be prepared to pay me or swap for some cool parts for the labour (estimated time a full day, estimate my value as priceless but will settle for something in the $100 to $200 range).

Payment details. Wire transfer would be best. Failing that a certified check mailed to my address in Canada. I will provide photos on request (in about a week as I have not seen the goods yet just a phone call from a buddy). Pay the cost of the goods before shipping and then pay for the shipping after the ship leaves and I will send the bill of lading via express mail. Fail to pay the shipping and I hold the BL and sell to the next guy in line, you get a refund minus my hassle charges (been there done that and did not enjoy the financial loss).

Estimated cost of shipping to either east or west coast of the US is about $300 US. There may be some local trucking charges and customs clearance fees. Buyer to pay all fees (I am not making money on these and sure as heck don't want to eat anything!!!!).

Just in case you don't know me I am Dave Stedman, I live in Japan and have a few degrees in Engineering. I work as a research fellow here and get paid by the National grant system of the Japanese Government. I live near Kobe Japan and that will be the port of departure. Any buyer is welcome to find his own shipping!

I can provide references in the event you are nervous about sending a stranger money.

Email me direct if you are interested.

stedman@ans.kobe-u.ac.jp

I can vouch for his integrity. &nbsp:Dave has sent me parts before. &nbsp:Dave, how long is the wait list now? :D

Dave

Here are some pictures of another 70 series axle.

First is the electric locking hub and the brake caliper. Notice the ribbed caliper like in the 92+ 4Runner.

Poores_axle2.jpg

Next is the steering arm. Much beefier than a minitruck/60 series arm.

Poores_axle3.jpg

Last is the birfield. It is the third one from the left. The first one is a Bobby Long birf, the second a 5th gen. Newfield, the last one is my spare stock minitruck birf (painted black so it doesn't rust.) The cup is widest on the 70 series birf. The cup is deepest on the Longfield. Strength, who knows.

birfields.jpg

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom