70 series double tank gauge/alitmeter unit question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!

I have factory double tank in my hzj75. The rear tank gauge and on button is in the middle of the dash.
93631727_2792656927508438_7486502548140982272_n.jpg

Does anybody knows if the low fuel level light of the main tank also lights up when you are running the rear tank and about to be low on fuel in the second tank? Or it only works for the main tank?
If not did anybody made some mods to have this feature?

Beside that, I would like to install an altimeter unit I bought from a bj73. Its like this one:
FZJ73 11.7 2.JPG

I was thinking to merge the two unit, by cutting the off the altimeter from the left side of the bj73 unit (I dont really need it) and merging it with the double tank unit of the hzj75, as it anyway has the middle and right spot empty.
Did anybody done something like this?
When I removed the cover the bodies looked pretty similar for both unit, but did not looked deeper into them.

Any ideas/info are welcomed

You could make the main fuel gauge work for both tanks. It would show fuel level depending on which tank is selected.
I want to say there is a Toyota way to do this but I can’t confirm. My 96 F350 works this way and I plan on making my 75 work this way as well.

Does anybody knows if the low fuel level light of the main tank also lights up when you are running the rear tank and about to be low on fuel in the second tank? Or it only works for the main tank?

I think they are supposed to have a low fuel warning light for each tank, but Ive never had one that worked properly. Sometimes it came on sometimes it didnt.
But I would recommend you keep the tanks at least 1/4 full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom