70 series bumpers, rocker skids etc etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About a year ago I was in the market for a BJ74. Something came up that didnt allow me to pick one up then. Well im back in the market. I remember then there was a company making custom bumpers and rocker skids for 74's. I cant remember who they were? It's a Canadian company. Anyone remember?

Cruisin Offroad did sliders and rear bumper for my BJ70, they do great work

• IMGP2855[1].JPG
    I don't think Metal Tech has made it to bumpers yet. I have a Kamar on the back of mine. You can also check with Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters.
He set this one up:
1988-3102-01[1].jpg

+1 for jason @ cruisin offroad.
i freaking love my slider/brush bars
He makes some nice bumpers also.

I ordered my in February and got it in June. It is intended to ft a 78 Series and you have to play with it a bit to get it installed.

I'll endorse the Expedition One bumpers posted by cruiserdan above. I'm the proud owner of that 74 and am not a bumper connoisseur but am very happy with them. Good looks and the rear swing outs attached to the doors are very convenient. They're not in production as far as I know but prototypes are being worked on. Check out this thread for more pics.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/project-lxxiv-1988-bj74-land-cruiser-build.803691/

Another possible option for rear bumper and mounts is 4X4 Labs. Luke Porter's first rear bumper was for a CDN BJ70 owned by Brett (Dieselbigot). Had all the cool stuff now standard or optional on 4X4 Labs production bumpers for 40, 55, 60, 80 and 100 series cruisers. He doesn't currently offer an off the shelf 7X version, but has had calls from us and as more 25 year old imports show up, who knows what he might do.

Sweet, functional, elegant design. Had one on my 62 and miss it. See below and www.4x4labs.com (corrected URL) for info. This photo is of the very first version. It was later updated with spindles, swing arms and carriers for tires, gas, ladder, etc. Available as kit or finished product. See https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/4x4labs-rear-bumper-build.142286/#post1936885 for added detail. Another photo below of an 80 with lots of options and load.

4x4labs70.JPG

upload_2014-11-2_9-11-36.png

Last edited:
Not a problem. It doesnt even show they make complete bumpers. That BJ70 has just what im looking for, save a couple fuel cans. The only time you have too much fuel onboard is when youre on fire!!!

Not a problem. It doesnt even show they make complete bumpers. That BJ70 has just what im looking for, save a couple fuel cans. The only time you have too much fuel onboard is when youre on fire!!!
The site isn't real current, but they do full bumpers as well as kits - try this link from their site. They also do installs and custom work at their shop in Grass Valley (Sierra Foothills). They installed my 62 bumper, did a fine job at a fair price. Great excuse for a road trip to Gold/Silver country of No Cal.

http://www.4x4labs.com/products/rear-bumpers/ - scroll down to bottom of that page for lots of photos in various configurations.

Description and price for double spindle bumper or kit:

upload_2014-11-2_12-37-43.png

Another possible option for rear bumper and mounts is 4X4 Labs. Luke Porter's first rear bumper was for a CDN BJ70 owned by Brett (Dieselbigot). Had all the cool stuff now standard or optional on 4X4 Labs production bumpers for 40, 55, 60, 80 and 100 series cruisers. He doesn't currently offer an off the shelf 7X version, but has had calls from us and as more 25 year old imports show up, who knows what he might do.

Sweet, functional, elegant design. Had one on my 62 and miss it. See below and www.4x4labs.com (corrected URL) for info. This photo is of the very first version. It was later updated with spindles, swing arms and carriers for tires, gas, ladder, etc. Available as kit or finished product. See https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/4x4labs-rear-bumper-build.142286/#post1936885 for added detail. Another photo below of an 80 with lots of options and load.

View attachment 960840

View attachment 960843

I contacted Luke shortly after I aquired my BJ74. He did not retain any plans from his build of Brett's bumper. He advised me that he would build another if a mock-up vehicle was available.

My 73 has been offered in that role, once the new eng/trans are in. I think it is a question of "when" rather than "if."

My wife even said yes.

No doubt he'd do it. I was simply not in a position to be able to supply my vehicle to get it done. Our timelines did not match up. You just need to get in line. Luke is a very busy man and anything he chooses to accept has merit in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom