70 series bed on a Hilux double cab?? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my quest for a bed/box for my 95 Hilux LN107 double cab, I've found these in Australia. Seem to be for a 70 series LC but seller claims they will fit. rear tails lights totally different, fuel door would have to be covered, but length seems to be right. May be a touch wider, I'm getting dimensions sent.

Has anyone ever seen this done?

9B107E2F-74C1-4C74-9BE4-B5789B23255B.JPG

B0529C72-63A2-4CB2-BA7F-0DFBFF593024.JPG

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 10.42.40 AM.png

I’m trying! Very challenging to find and ship to the US. Haven’t given up but need to be open to options.

Have you thought of having the bed "un-modified"? Or is too much of the old bed obliterated? That 70-series bed with the headache rack would look pretty cool though.

Seems like bobbing the front of a single cab bed would be the "easiest" route?

Thats a good thought. I found a local fabricator. First seeing if he can modify the existing fire truck bed back to original (doubtful), then possible shorten a single cab bed. I still have some leads out there for an actual DC bed from Dubai or elsewhere.

Another option would be to cut out the "modifications" to that bed and use similar pieces from a single cab bed to graft back in.

I would have to keep some of that cool fab' work. What if you had a fabricator either modify that box or build one into that spot - lower, side access, etc.

Sorry about my nonexistent photoshop skills, but you get the idea...

From this:
Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 7.48.51 PM.png

To this:
Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 7.48.28 PM.png

@PAToyota that is a great idea! Should have thought of that. I'll bring that up with the fabricator when i meet him.

@Manhattan thanks for the render. I liked the storage boxes that came with it its just that visibility was nil and its hard enough when you back up out of a parking spot with a RHD truck. A lower storage box that fills in the gap but doesn't reduce visibility may work. another issue is the paint on the bed, its needs work and not just because of all the metal cut off. Lots of flat places for water to sit and get trapped. The paint on the cab is in good shape. The red kinda grew on me so may keep it vs going back to 045 white.

This is how it stands now.

IMG_8951.jpg

Last edited:
Yes thats an option. The built ones from Set overland seem nice and it would fit the DC Hilux. Here is some inspiration from a DC LC70 series fire truck. Not cheap.

IMG_8872.PNG

What about something like this?
not sure what your price limit is tho

This is how it stands now.

I'd be inclined to fill in the "crescent" modification on the left side, but would also be inclined to go with something along @Manhattan 's idea of a lower toolbox/storage box to fill in the front area rather than return that to stock.

Yeah I agree. Surprisingly its hard to find a US based tailgate that has a top lip with rope hooks and a middle pull handle. Our 95 pickups had smooth top edges, no top lip and rope hooks.

IMG_8967.jpg

short bed. nice these 79 series beds are local thanks. i'm getting conflicting info about whether they would fit well. i have reached out to cruiserparts who are looking into importing an actual hilux short bed from their sources. or just getting the correct tailgate and having a fabricator make it all work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom