70 serie - Skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Threads
Is the canadian 70 serie originaly came with a skid plate ?

Any picture ?

Someone know where I can get one ?

Is it $$$ ?

Someone know if it easy to make a factory one ?

Is any other skid plate from another cruiser can fit under my 70 ?

Yes.. They have skid plates. I don't have a pic since mine is under the truck. A 40 series one might be close enough to work. Otherwise it shouldn't be all that difficult to fab one up if you have the tools.

all the skid plate does is gather mud... okay so that is my opinion.
cheers
as Bruce mentioned, it really isn't strong enough for protection...
out here it gathers mud and rusts the bolts so they just break off when trying to service the tranny/tcase...
cheers

Last edited:
Thank Alex. ;)

david,

I pulled mine out a long time ago and had a beefy custom one made up...don't have pics but if you PM me I'll try to get you some this weekend. For my environment a beefy skid plate is a must (rocks)...for you soft grounded east coast types I probably agree that something really beefy is a waste of time/money but like bruce, I'd hate to go without anything at all

I'm with Bruce also,
I won't wheel without it on. I know it is weak, I have had to pull it down away from the case many times, but it is nice knowing it is there to skid over stuff. It is just the same with U bolts, they stick down and get caught on stuff, without the skid plate, there would be greater chances of big rocks or logs getting jammed up there. (I have seen my brother run over a log and rip out his rear (rusted) cross member and his fuel line in his 60 with no skid plate. had it been there, it might have deflected it down, away from possible damage)
Cheers,
Deny

interesting,
i have been wheeling with out a skid plate for at least 20 years, one of the first pieces of scrap metal that heads to the bin...
no broken t/case yet and i have hit HARD on rocks in river beds, hung up on fallen logs and dragged on steep break over angles...
each to their own but excess baggage...
cheers

Greg/ Sheldon have skid plates if you want OEM (used)

gscruiserparts.com

thats awlsome wayne, that must be one tough case. Mine will be coming off for a while too.

Just for your information.

3 skid plate under the 70 serie :

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom