70 Products -- TRAIL TAILOR

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star

Those look to be better quality than OEM.
The OEM ones are pretty good quality material. The ones I replaced on my old T100, about 13 years ago, are still pretty pliable and doing well.

These are a different material and pretty compelling. They look much more robust than OEM. If I hadn't put on the new OEM's a few months back I'd probably try these out. I do have concerns of something that heavy/thick pulling off sooner due to weight. But as @TRAIL TAILOR has said, he's had no complaints of that from the 60-series guys who've been using them for years.

Very nice man.

Last edited:

FJBen

SILVER Star

I will be sending you some money once things settle down a bit here. Thanks for the products!

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor

J

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor

Had a little helper for a bit this morning so I went to the shop early to get something into CAD and on the table so we could have a little project from raw material to a tacked up product so he could understand it a bit more. So the 70 series rear is born... Oh wait... and the 40 series rear and....the revised 100 series rear. Turned into a productive morning for sure. I had a blast doing a little show and tell and teaching a little.

Some of you know I coached and judged a Skills jr high and high school welding team in Wyoming for a bit years ago and sure felt good to give back to a younger interested youngster.

@i4c4lo 74 will be here next week and I'll get this finished up along with a new front bumper and sliders.

IMG_20200718_092316839.jpg
IMG_20200718_110157241.jpg
IMG_20200718_110224144_HDR.jpg

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor

Sure has come a long way since mine.

Yeah going from a standard bent profile and a cut off wheel to 350K in tooling will do that. I was thinking this morning who had gotten the first 5 I ever made.

Andy/Casey got the first ever 70 one off. Alex got the first of this similar design on his yellow troopy, then you, Collin, Sam and Woody. I sold 8-9 more and then a handfull of DIY kits.

We'll see if it catches on this time....

J

saltycoconuts

Currently accepting donations
I have most of the parts in stock. Let me know if your ready and I can put the remaining parts on my AIR order I'm about to place.

Jason
Will do, I have new Dobinson springs ready to be put on I’m just looking for good shocks to pair well with them. Between terrain tamer, dobinsons, and tough dog. Just thought I’d inquire for when I do decide on a brand that I know where to get them from:cheers:

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor

Will do, I have new Dobinson springs ready to be put on I’m just looking for good shocks to pair well with them. Between terrain tamer, dobinsons, and tough dog. Just thought I’d inquire for when I do decide on a brand that I know where to get them from:cheers:
Shocks I should have in stock 41mm bore foamcells

I really liked the Tough Dog shocks that was on the FJ73 I had in comparison to the OME shocks I have on the HZJ77 now but I know I am comparing apples to oranges because of the chassis size difference between the two.

Yeah going from a standard bent profile and a cut off wheel to 350K in tooling will do that. I was thinking this morning who had gotten the first 5 I ever made.

Andy/Casey got the first ever 70 one off. Alex got the first of this similar design on his yellow troopy, then you, Collin, Sam and Woody. I sold 8-9 more and then a handfull of DIY kits.

We'll see if it catches on this time....

J
I'd like to see a rear bumper offering- I've seen one of yours on a Tan Troopy that looked really nice. I have a BJ 75 (troopy) and would be interested in one with swing out tire carrier, receiver hitch and some longer protection for rear quarter panels.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor

Looking good Jason! I'm looking forward to another option with the bull bar up front. Will this come with some solid recovery points integrated? Can wait to see it put together.
Yes, all my bumpers tie the frame mounts and recovery points together.

I really liked the Tough Dog shocks that was on the FJ73 I had in comparison to the OME shocks I have on the HZJ77 now but I know I am comparing apples to oranges because of the chassis size difference between the two.
Longer wheelbase = smoother ride so TD foamcells would be even smoother and more comfy on the 77

I'd like to see a rear bumper offering- I've seen one of yours on a Tan Troopy that looked really nice. I have a BJ 75 (troopy) and would be interested in one with swing out tire carrier, receiver hitch and some longer protection for rear quarter panels.

Couple of custom Troopy rears from years ago..

IMAG2875.jpg

P1010721.JPG

P1010714.JPG

Not sure demand but I see you make a 60 coil kit.. maybe a 70 series Coil kit using 80 axles or 70 axles👍

Top Bottom