70 Products -- TRAIL TAILOR

joekatana

GOLD Star

I assume price...... But it's my 3rd most popular request for the 70 products right now with 13 requests for them.

J
Really ? Never would have thought that to be a popular item , how many different models are there between the 7x variations ?

loeky

SILVER Star

@TRAIL TAILOR Would you consider a semi-custom commission for a bracket to hold gauges, as seen in this picture? I'd like 3 gauges, if we agree the bracket could hold the weight stable. Otherwise, two would suffice.

IMG_0010.jpg

It is the metal bar from the window bolt. Autometer style gauge pedestals.

Anyone else interested in this? Struck me as the most elegant/visible solution for 73 series.

That looks like one of the battery tray brackets, at least the one on the 70 series. I love that look but would only work on FRP cruisers.

SKULLYOTA

Always needs a nap

@TRAIL TAILOR Would you consider a semi-custom commission for a bracket to hold gauges, as seen in this picture? I'd like 3 gauges, if we agree the bracket could hold the weight stable. Otherwise, two would suffice.

View attachment 2314166

It is the metal bar from the window bolt. Autometer style gauge pedestals.

Anyone else interested in this? Struck me as the most elegant/visible solution for 73 series.
that looks really good!

80 series axle swap kit would be cool. Not that I have the funds, but it’d be cool 😎

@TRAIL TAILOR I was thinking about bumpers. I don't know about everyone else, but one thing I have noticed is a lack of basic stubby and high clearance bumpers available for 70 series. In my case I don't plan on running a tire bigger than a 35 and my suspension will be only tall enough to allow that tire to cycle properly. I'd love a stubby style winch bumper maybe with a small stinger. Same for the rear, a very minimal bumper with tubular rear quarter panel protection, not a 200 pound swing out. In my case I'm also planning on retaining the factory PTO, mainly for fun because it's funky and cool. My plan has been to do my best to snug the the winch up, then replace the hideous front porch bumper with something very basic that is as high clearance as I can manage. I'm going to reuse the factory PTO mount and skid plate, it's pretty stout, just might redrill a couple holes and see if I can bring it in a little.

I don't know how many are in by boat, but the lack of 70 series support gives you a range of products to work with... just my $.02.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor

@TRAIL TAILOR how steep is the shipping on the Trufit molded vinyl mat?
It wasn't bad previously, but all the international shippers are price gouging right now. IIRC it was about 180.00 US to ship a full 60 or 80 vinyl kit a few months ago they are heavy and bulky. A few guys here have ordered the 70 kit recently and I didn;t hear any adverse remarks on the shipping costs.

I am looking at ordering some of the trufit vinyl. Is it decent quality? Any issues with fit, how hard is it to cut out the holes? Prices seem decent, as OEM is pretty pricey compared to these guys.

Best molded vinyl I've come across for the 70 is TruFit - Australia. I've bought a few from them and referred others with good results.

View attachment 2301327

Here is my 60 series AC bezel- CNC milled aluminum. Would this be of interest for the 70s.

View attachment 2301323
View attachment 2301324

I have 1/2" and 1" BL kits (pucks) for the 100 series. I'd just need a set of body mount bolts to take measurements and get the proper ones. Drop radiator brackets may work as well. I'll look into this when it arrives.

View attachment 2301325

I can easily have the apron seals made if they are flat like the 60 and 80 series. Just send them to my gasket maker and have a die made.

View attachment 2301326

jblueridge

SILVER Star

I bought the molded vinyl from a different australian company.
If it was molded before shipping, the shape did not survive the travel.
Bad fit, not "forgiving", etc.
I thought recent heat here in Virginia would help me mold it better, but No.
Although not bought from TruFit, the pic of the brown vinyl above looks like what my place showed on their website.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star

Those look nice. I recently bought OEM for my 75 pickup as they are still available. Did you make these for an NLA application? Just curious.
The part numbers I gave him are for the latest apron seals... and those seals basically have holes/cutouts for multiple applications I believe. The unique one-off apron seals are basically no longer made. At least for my truck.

Top Bottom