$70 Marine battery, good deal and will it fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi guys, Walmart has these batteries on clearance for about $70. Opinions? Unfortunately, my 40 sits a lot, as I live in NE Ohio and I just have a bikini top, and don't drive in winter, below 60 degrees, or in the rain. So basically I get to drive it in the summer months about 50 times. (and I'm ready to move West to be able to enjoy my summer toys a little more!) EverStart 12V Lead Acid Marine Battery, Group Size 24MS - Walmart.com

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 2.33.21 PM.png

Everstarts are not a bad battery. There are only a few companies that manufacture batteries and there all just rebranded. Typically you dont want a deep cycle battery for cranking because it doesnt produce the same cold cranking amps as a regular battery, would make a great second battery for a dual setup.

My battery is good, but is about 6 years old. My warehouse where my cruiser is stored in the winter does not have electricity. I pull the battery and take it home with me. 6 years is a long time for an autozone battery I bought in a pinch when my Diehard Gold finally gave it up after about 15 years.

I have use the everstart 27dc12 on a number of projects. Its my go-to battery.

I've been running deep cycle batteries since the mid 90's with no problems. I found them to be less expensive than car batts. It should fit your batt tray. Deep cycles usually have 2 yr warranties, but I get about 5 or 6 yrs out of them. I like them because they are designed to be drawn down and recharged. I found things happen on the trail that may require extended cranking, running lights and such or winching. I've considered dual batteries, but prefer to keep it simple on the trail (KISS). I found cold cranking amps are typically an issue with diesel engines.

Everstart MAXX are the good ones to get, although for your usage either will be fine. The good part is there are about 1,000,000 walmarts to exchange and replace at all hours of the night should the battery die.

Even if you're in cloudy Ohio, you might consider a solar battery maintainer where you store the truck. It might beat nothing....

Hello,

Marine batteries and deep cycle batteries are the best batteries you can use on a Land Cruiser. They last longer and resist long inactivity periods well.

The extra terminals make it easier to connect accessories.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom