SOLD 70 FJ55 - Central Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guster

SILVER Star
Threads
1970 FJ55
VIN: FJ5517213
Build Date: May 1970

Looking to sell this 1970 FJ55. Here's a link to a thread I had started, 70 Blue Chuck Pig, showing some of the work done. We sold our house and have not found a new place so everything is going into storage. This project is the odd man out. There are some rust issues, tried to show in the pics. Asking $3,500.

Update 4/21/20: Have this pig running and going through the initial first 500 miles before an oil change.

Details on some of the work done to this point:

- Engine is a 2f from an 83 FJ60. Cam and lifters regrind from Delta Camshaft. Honed cylinders, new rings on pistons and new engine bearings so the engine is partially rebuilt. Used assembly lube when putting everything together and went through the initial break in procedure. Just being honest here, this is the first engine I've put back together like this, so far things look good.
- Rebuilt transfer case with a kit from Cruiser Outfitters. Replaced gaskets on transmission. New clutch, resurfaced fly wheel.
- New clutch slave and master cylinders
- New dual circuit brake master cylinder, needs brake lines built
- Powder coated wheels with new tires
- Carburetor rebuilt by Mark (Mark's Offroad)
- Added vacuum and oil pressure gauges
- Large cap distributor and coil/ignitor from FJ60
- Added fusible link and new battery cables

Known issues
- Rust
- Bought a used FJ55 radiator but unknown how well it will work Paid for recore of the radiator, pics in the build thread
- Brakes - I've not even checked all the wheel cylinders, needs brakes lines made for the new dual circuit master, needs the master cylinder push rod, needs parking brake rebuild kit installed All wheel cylinders replaced and new brake lines made
- No headliner
- Pulled this rig out of the weeds with only half an engine so I've never had it on the road. Now running and drivable
- Has header that I cleaned up and painted, needs the rest of the exhaust system Exhaust system in place and sounds good
- Tailgate handle is broken

top.jpg

driver-side.jpg

top-engine.jpg

top-engine2.jpg

Last edited:
Bump, moving to the Oregon coast in a week or two. Did find a place with a two car garage so I could take it over but it would be easier if someone else continued on with this project. I need that garage space for two other LC projects. Old Chuckster is having to sleep outside for now...

70fj55.JPG

Looks like I'll be taking this to the coast so it's no longer available. Kind of glad because I want to see how the motor ends up running. Hopefully I can get it running over the next couple of months and make it a beach cruiser.

Putting this pig back up for sale, well, it will be available once quarantine rules are lifted. I've updated the first post with a new price and details on additional work completed. Still have another project in storage and need room in the garage.

engine.jpg

engine2.jpg

gauges.jpg

hood.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom