Wanted 70 FJ40 Steering Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Upgrading to power steeing?
My oem box has about a 1/3 of a turn of slop in it,
So, I'm looking for a good, tight steering box.

Hey '71, Does yours have a rag joint, if it does, I have a '74, tight box, only 70K on it. $50.00 plus shipping. what,s your zip code? Earl C.

Just ran out and checked - no rag joint.
I may have a lead on a "rebuild kit" from Toyota though - I will post the info and prices on that if it pans out.
Jason

still lookin'

ok, bttt
The lead on new parts is not ging to pan out - evidently the sector shaft and roller are no longer available, nor is the worm gear.
I did get the upper and lower bearings and the upper seal though
So anyone out there with a used box (early) w/o rag gear?
Jason

where are you located?

I think I still have mine from 7/69 FJ40 (happy 35th birthday to da'4dee). I seem to recall the steering shaft is still installed. Cover shipping and it's yours.

I am in northern Virginia

Pappy - you have a PM

pappy said:
I think I still have mine from 7/69 FJ40 (happy 35th birthday to da'4dee). I seem to recall the steering shaft is still installed. Cover shipping and it's yours.
i would like to have it.call me collect to make arrangements. 805-928-4342

did you check with lance at ipor?! can't be far from you.....

Every time I see a 1+ year old post get re-opened now, I get suspicious that JUNK has been up to no good!:doh:

Anyhow, I've got a few of that vintage at the shop, rebuilt and ready to go.

!
!
!
!
!
V

Could you email me a jao2449@aol.com? I am interested in a rebuilt steering box for a 1970 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40, built 07/69. It has no rag head. I would like to make arrangements to obtain one. Please include cost and shipping charges in your email. Thank you, Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom