#7 Freeborn Red bodywork and paint (Bean) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Absolutely!
This is the new shop front room, the back room is 1/3 this size and will have the new Americure bake booth!! New sheet metal fab tools!!! Built a sanding workbench with lights, a new grille parts rack and some other stuff. Much more organized shop and set up, feels better. Best part, maybe 10 min from my house, and that’s driving like 30 mph.

D06DFBE3-FB84-4232-8824-734D5F754E13.jpeg
280ADAA5-0B4A-464C-B6FF-4D80135DBECB.jpeg
668F2F83-D88A-419D-8062-EE8E2B74FE51.jpeg
0E577BAB-5F12-4BE5-B77C-FA8111C188E2.jpeg

WOAH! that shop is a big step up. Nicely done kelly

I know you posted this before, but I’m lazy. (and you have a extensive amount of threads for your work to look through) What size metal do you use or recommend when looking to patch around the rear quarters?

I know you posted this before, but I’m lazy. (and you have a extensive amount of threads for your work to look through) What size metal do you use or recommend when looking to patch around the rear quarters?
I have been using 20 gauge, 18 was too thick for my flange tool. I think 20 is just right, but maybe some would disagree, don’t know.

Slight correction. I like to use 18 gauge on the A pillar gutted that I make and replace.

Last edited:
Don't we just love surprises.. .looks good on the outside....but always something lurking.....
:cool:

Glad I'm not working on mine....
done enough of older vehicles ><

Boooo! I was hoping mine would be the one cruiser where the rust wasn’t as bad as it looked :doh:

So grateful you are the one on the job!
Yours is actually the nicest one yet. It’s not that bad, I just dig in because I want it to last. Don’t stress it, your 60 is nice!

Shop looks great Kelly! Nice work!
It's a better shop for sure, close to my house too. We will be cracking open your can of worms next month!! :worms:

What do you use to cut the seams open like you show above? Understand if it is a trade secret

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom