7 Days, 2759 Miles, 239 Gallons of Gas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
Pix from the trip

Left Tucson last Tuesday in the new 60, and got back into New York City this Tuesday.

Mounted a camera to the dash and took a snapshot every couple of miles or so.

Crashed @
Eloy, AZ
Page, AZ
Monticello, UT
Denver, CO
Kearney, NE
Iowa City, IA
Sturgis, MI

After Sturgis, I just hammered it for 13.5 hours to get home. That was a long day and boy did that beer taste good when I got home.

Sights:
Sedona
Grand Canyon
Lake Powell
Monument Valley
Navajo National Monument
Mexican Hat
Natural Bridges
Moab
A cool car show in Keensburg, CO called the Sunflower Nationals

All in all a great trip and the truck ran flawlessly. Got about 11.5 mpg.

Only thing is I wish my wife had the time off to come along.

It sucks going from all this beatiful country back to this hell-hole I call home, well for now anyway...

Last edited:
LX_TREME said:
Well, i did CA- NYC in 3 days 3 night -3000miles ->almost $400buks in gas back in August '01 but now with the gas price $3.00 gallon you'll beat me for sure... :frown: :crybaby: (Have good trip)

I dropped $769 in gas. Ouch.

:confused: Thanks for the tip, but I'm already home dude. Note the pix....

LX_TREME said:
One more thing, tune up the whole car plugs, brakes, tire pressure, oil..etc

Macneil,

Last summer, my two older brothers and i all drove a new 60 home from colorado to VA. It was without a doubt one of the coolest, and funnest trips i've ever had. Coming across the open plains is pretty cool.

shoulda held off for a couple of weeks...you coulda blown another $500 in fuel in the san rafeal swells iwth the rising sun crew. :D

Nice pics Mac....I love those out west pics of the open road and the grand horizons...classic.

I'm doing OH-->NJ-->NYC-->Boston-->Bradford, NH (Yankee Toys)-->Boston-->Lexington, MA-->hartford, CT-->NJ-->OH Starting tomorrow...

Oh boy...can't wait to see the gas prices rise as I travel with the fawking hurricane and all...

Thanks for sharing...

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

That would have been cool. I think I ate ribs and steak at every Saddle Ranch, Ranch Creek, Lone Creek, Lone Ranch, Lone Saddle, Ranch Creek restaurant their is.

wesintl said:
or at least let us know... you coulda crashed here and had a good meal.

Have a great trip. Fall gathering with Yankee Toys outta be fun.

Wish I was in town, I'd think about heading up to that too.

beno said:
Nice pics Mac....I love those out west pics of the open road and the grand horizons...classic.

I'm doing OH-->NJ-->NYC-->Boston-->Bradford, NH (Yankee Toys)-->Boston-->Lexington, MA-->hartford, CT-->NJ-->OH Starting tomorrow...

Oh boy...can't wait to see the gas prices rise as I travel with the fawking hurricane and all...

Thanks for sharing...

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

Nope this was the first time. I bought the truck in AZ and drove it home.

LX_TREME said:
Macneil, so do you always back -n- forth (NYC - AZ)? or Real home in AZ and Business in NYC? :D
Im in LA- CA now, probably by next year will drive to NYC again with my 80-s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom