7/76 clutch hard line- impossible to purchase? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Haven't had much luck finding this, which leads me to assume its simply not available, however I'll give asking here a go. I'm looking for the hard line that runs along the firewall from the master cylinder to the mounting bracket under the blower motor on the passenger side, where the soft line mounts that goes to the slave cylinder. I was hoping for the factory piece for fitment and looks, but worst case, I'll bend my own once I establish correct fitting size and type and tube diameter.
My truck was V8 swap from the late 80's and this has never been on my truck since I've owned it. The last set up on there was -4an PTFE hose to 1/4" NPT threaded adapters and resized master/slave connections.
So I guess the purpose of this post is to establish: 1)IF this piece of tubing is available somewhere, which is doubtful I believe
2)If not, then what is correct tube diameter and fitting sizes

Thanks in advance!

Not sure on sources - thought one of the vendors here does the hardlines, but might be the set.

I just bent my own - if you get the nickel-copper line, it's pretty straightforward as it's a bit softer and easier to shape. I won't match the finish/color of the factory line, though - it's got a copper'y color to it. It's a bit more corrosion resistant, too, which is not a bad thing up here in the north.

Fittings were the BR205s and 3/16" line:

PXL_20210820_214314043.MP.jpg

I'd bend some new ones. Pretty easy to do, the only difficulty may be the bubble flare for the metric fittings.

Thanks guys. I was pretty much resigned to bending my own, which isn't a big deal really. I've haven't done it in a while, but have bent a thousand feet or more of tube from 3/16" all the way up to 1 1/2" for hydraulic systems at work. I'm just getting a little burned out on fab'ing stuff for this project and just being a little whiny. I lent my Ridgid flare tool to someone who decided that he needed more than me and never gave it back and has since transferred plants, which is beyond frustrating.... So the line is 3/16" diameter then? Metric thread? Bubble flair, 45*- single or double? Thanks again!

Not sure on sources - thought one of the vendors here does the hardlines, but might be the set.

I just bent my own - if you get the nickel-copper line, it's pretty straightforward as it's a bit softer and easier to shape. I won't match the finish/color of the factory line, though - it's got a copper'y color to it. It's a bit more corrosion resistant, too, which is not a bad thing up here in the north.

Fittings were the BR205s and 3/16" line:

View attachment 2868591
Those lines look nice!

Should be able to use those M10x1.0 fittings with normal 3/16 line. Just a typical double-flare, not a bubble flare.

Just make sure the fittings have that unthreaded bit - I got few that were threaded to the end, and had to reflare a few lines as I didn't notice before doing it. Most parts stores carry at least a few of those BR205s.

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 2.04.53 PM.png

I got a used one from CruiserParts.net several years ago. Figured I’d use it as a pattern if nothing else. It was good enough for my purposes. Been running it ever since. Mines not a show piece…

Rainman on here was doing brake lines. Not sure if he still is.

I got a used one from CruiserParts.net several years ago. Figured I’d use it as a pattern if nothing else. It was good enough for my purposes. Mines not a show piece…
Seems that the 75(?) and up style (not sure at all what the difference is at all) line is a unicorn.. thanks though. Mine isn't a "resto", I'm just so far down the rabbit hole with the "resto/mod" that it will drive me insane to not touch every part and, if not bring it to Yota specs, a proper alternative. I could just replace the two cylinders and stay with the PTFE braided line I already have, but would prefer to have the hard line with the brand new brake hard lines I have.

I moved my clutch slave from the left side to the right side, so that necessitated a new line. Think mine was off a 1976-ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom