Events/Trails **** CANCELLED **** 6th Annual Meet & Greet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

June reminder ..... 9/17-20/2020
image.jpeg

ATTN: LJ OWNERS....
Although we had an impressive cross section of 70 Series present at last year's event, we're still lacking LJ's
(I believe we may have had one or two). The "heavy duty" guys rule the roost and this is your chance to prove that you also belong on the top rung. :)

******** There is a Nissan event the same weekend as our event and hotel rooms could be scarce. If it's your intentions to stay in one of the area hotels it might be prudent to make a reservation.

Hi, are FJ80's welcome to this event?
Although it's billed as a 70 Series event, owners of any Series of Land Cruiser are welcome.

ATTN: LJ OWNERS....
Although we had an impressive cross section of 70 Series present at last year's event, we're still lacking LJ's
(I believe we may have had one or two). The "heavy duty" guys rule the roost and this is your chance to prove that you also belong on the top rung. :)

How about an LJ chassis with a BJ body and a Cummins engine? I'm finishing it up for a customer and was telling him today that he ought to look into this run. Not exactly the average 70-series but it's a cool truck...

Build thread (that needs updating)... Machito

How about an LJ chassis with a BJ body and a Cummins engine? I'm finishing it up for a customer and was telling him today that he ought to look into this run. Not exactly the average 70-series but it's a cool truck...

Build thread (that needs updating)... Machito
Sure ..... Come on. :)

Not to beat a dead horse but I'm fairly sure there is a Nissan event scheduled for the same weekend and area hotels, Windrock camp grounds and cabins will book quickly. If you even suspect you'll be able to attend I would book NOW.

In response to a couple of emails:
You don't need to "sign up" for this event. Probably in late August / early September we will ask for those who plan to attend to let us know via 'MUD or Facebook. Knowing the numbers who plan to attend will help us "fine tune" the activities. Although we have plans to offer trail riding and some "off campus" trips to some of the local spots of interest, basically this is a "social event" and the evening meals will be the focal point.
More info to follow .....

One of the biggest issues with this event or any event for that matter, is contacting the folks who would have an interest in attending. We post on 'MUD, Facebook, and Instagram but even with those efforts we still miss people. If you have thoughts on this subject or am willing to help in this endeavor please let me know.

Hope to make it for at least a trail or so, however not in a 70 Series. It seems several events or semi organized rides have been pushed to Sept/Oct, I too would advise making arrangements sooner rather than later.

If I can answer any Knoxville-ish area questions, I am happy to help!

I have hotel reservations in Oak Ridge. My wife and I are planning a bit of a vacation after the event.

Any recommendations of things to see on our return to CT

I have hotel reservations in Oak Ridge. My wife and I are planning a bit of a vacation after the event.

Any recommendations of things to see on our return to CT

Joe,
The Gatlinburg and Ober Gatlinburg are tourist traps, but fun and scenic. [right next to the Smokies NP]
Biltmore Estate and Ashville
Blue Ridge Parkway
Chattanooga and Nashville have a lot to see [Jaskson's home is east of Nashville too]

Any particular things that your bride likes? [and you can enjoy too]

One of the biggest issues with this event or any event for that matter, is contacting the folks who would have an interest in attending. We post on 'MUD, Facebook, and Instagram but even with those efforts we still miss people. If you have thoughts on this subject or am willing to help in this endeavor please let me know.

FYI I was just in Oak Ridge this weekend and the hotels are close to empty. Windrock is busy but way off normal attendance. Of note, the Holiday Inn Express dropped my normal rate over $20 per night. I called the hotel directly; mentioned that I was visiting Windrock; they mentioned my typical rate and said they could do much better due to Windrock and supporting them through the virus.

Booking early could save you and get you into something much better than the Comfort Inn. Good luck.

FYI I was just in Oak Ridge this weekend and the hotels are close to empty. Windrock is busy but way off normal attendance. Of note, the Holiday Inn Express dropped my normal rate over $20 per night. I called the hotel directly; mentioned that I was visiting Windrock; they mentioned my typical rate and said they could do much better due to Windrock and supporting them through the virus.

Booking early could save you and get you into something much better than the Comfort Inn. Good luck.
Thanks for the information. I'm hoping that by late September the virus "ain't a thing". :)
..... and to be clear, I'm certainly not recommending any particular hotel. If all goes well I plan to send very little time in the room anyway. :)

Last edited:

@LDowney come on how “much” better can you get than the Comfort Inn in Oak Ridge? Ha.

At last year's event, a number of attendees expressed an interest in visiting some of the local historical sights outside of Windrock. On Saturday the group split and some elected to trail ride at Windrock for the second day while others did some pavement time to visit Nemo Tunnel. If the interest is there we'll most likely have a similar format this year. We're discussing a return to Nemo Tunnel as well as a visit to
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
the Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom