Events/Trails **** CANCELLED **** 6th Annual Meet & Greet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are any of the distilleries worth a look see or do they fall in the tourist trap category?

Are any of the distilleries worth a look see or do they fall in the tourist trap category?
That I can not answer. Perhaps some 'MUD members in the Oak Ridge / Knoxville area will chime in.

It’s amazing how this place changes with a day or two of rain. This was the year I had to winch the bread wagon up every hill.

E43E4FD8-8A81-4C94-9B5D-D72A2B65B639.jpeg

Last edited:
Like everyone else, we are monitoring the status of COVID 19 and how it might effect our event and turnout this year. Its been decided that we’ll make a final “go-no go” decision by the 28th of August. Hopefully this will be enough time for people to make arrangements if they plan to attend or cancel arrangement if they’re not comfortable doing so.
STAY TUNED....
35CE1EC0-E65D-44E7-AB42-A2E36029FFEA.jpeg

Last edited:
If Texas was only closer. One of these days I will get up to that area.

If Texas was only closer. One of these days I will get up to that area.
If we could attract even half of the 70 Series in the State of Texas to our event are numbers would be considerably more impressive. :)

We don’t charge an entry fee (the park does but we don’t) and we don’t require a registration therefore there’s no deadline. You can literally decide the day before if you want to join us and we’ll welcome you with open arms. We don’t have a “formal vehicle inspection“ process so it’s up to you to make sure your Land Cruiser is up to the task.

The decision to cancel this year‘s event was not taken lightly and we waited as long as possible to make the go / no-go decision. Our event is basically a “social event” however Covid 19 has made it difficult to be social. Taking the chance that someone could fall ill by attending our event was not a risk we were willing to take. We will not re-schedule the event for later in the year but will now look forward to next year’s event.

Last edited:
Guess we'll just have o wait until next year.

It is disappointing. We've had several events cancelled this year (understandable) that I had planned to attend.

We're going up.....we've already reserved a yurt :)

We're going up.....we've already reserved a yurt :)

Sounds like you will be observing social distancing. Have a good time. I had planned on coming up for Friday, but I have not made sufficient progress to expect that have release from my surgeon by then.

For your planning consideration, trails 26 and 27 have re-opened. Both were heavily regraded last fall to satisfy run-off considerations.
27 emerged from the grading as tame (clearly green rating level) and has remained so.
As of June, 26 is also mostly tame. But 26 was incorrectly graded in one section that increased erosion that created a tough v-ditch obstacle. With sliders and patience, it is passable going downhill with elevated adrenaline. Not certain how tough it would be to tackle it going uphill.

To be clear, our formal event is cancelled however Windrock is open. I‘ve talked to several people who still plan to go to Windrock that weekend as part of a planned vacation. There may be some ebb and flow to those numbers as time passes.

Sorry to hear the news of this decision; however, I understand.

Be safe everyone.....

Just wanted to add an observation... My family just had a trip to Colorado with a large group (10 rigs) up to play in the mountains. I go annually, so this was normal for our family. We played in the mountains for several days and that too was normal. After the 4th day, someone brought up Covid, and at that point I realized that I had not seen any "fear" news story, or hatred toward the leadership of the pandemic -- I did not wear a mask, nor saw anyone with a mask on. This little camping trip to the hills gave us a few days of the old "normal". It really was refreshing and wonderful mentally and I had no idea how much I needed it. My point is that everyone should load up and go camp -- you can be more socially distant camping than living at home and going to get a coffee.

I am not on one extreme or the other when it comes to this thing. i am not licking doorknobs, nor locked in my bunker. I am not annoyed when large gatherings are cancelled -- I get it.

Anyway, be safe, be smart, and get off the beaten path and try to find normal!! It's out there.

Just wanted to add an observation... My family just had a trip to Colorado with a large group (10 rigs) up to play in the mountains. I go annually, so this was normal for our family. We played in the mountains for several days and that too was normal. After the 4th day, someone brought up Covid, and at that point I realized that I had not seen any "fear" news story, or hatred toward the leadership of the pandemic -- I did not wear a mask, nor saw anyone with a mask on. This little camping trip to the hills gave us a few days of the old "normal". It really was refreshing and wonderful mentally and I had no idea how much I needed it. My point is that everyone should load up and go camp -- you can be more socially distant camping than living at home and going to get a coffee.

I am not on one extreme or the other when it comes to this thing. i am not licking doorknobs, nor locked in my bunker. I am not annoyed when large gatherings are cancelled -- I get it.

Anyway, be safe, be smart, and get off the beaten path and try to find normal!! It's out there.
This year just felt different. Last year we had folks expressing an interest in attending months in advance. This year the interest level was much lower. In previous years the group that arrived on Thursday night would meet at a local restaurant. This year we could not be assured that restaurant would even be able to seat us. Just to many unknowns.

I hope you did not read my message in any other way that supportive of this decision, and at the same time encouraging people to use that weekend to go do something outdoors.

We will see you next year, and I vow to have my 73 project ready to hit the trails with a little more vroom....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom