$6k GX?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Looking at this 2004 GX470 with 220k miles. Listed at $6.2k at a large dealership. Have only seen pictures so far but going to check it out tomorrow. Supposed to be in superb exterior and interior condition as they are not auctioning it off. It is a two owner vehicle.

The issue: it only has 11 service history records. However, all of this was performed at about 205k miles:

Maintenance inspection completed
Floor mats installed
Floor mats replaced
Four wheel alignment performed
**Rear differential fluid flushed/changed
**Brake fluid flushed/changed
Cabin air filter checked
**Throttle body cleaned/serviced
Air filter replaced
Engine checked
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
**Spark plug(s) replaced
Headlight(s) replaced
Headlights serviced
Tires rotated
**Water pump replaced
**Timing belt replaced
**Axle(s) replaced
**Transfer case fluid flushed/changed
Brakes checked and rotors put into round
Oil and filter changed
Steering/suspension checked
CV boot(s) replaced (all 4)
Front brake pads replaced
**Transfer case serviced
**Serpentine belt replaced
**PCV valve replaced
Drivability/performance checked
Computer(s) checked
Cabin air filter replaced/cleaned
**Power steering pump replaced and two lines and system flushed

~CUSTOMER STATES HE HAS MULTIPLE LIGHTS ILLUMINATED ON THE DASH... ~|~FOUND CODE P0031A/F SENSOR HEATER B1S1, RECOMMEND REPLACE B1S1 SENSOR AND CLEAR CODE ~|~SEE CONDITION #21 FOR REPAIR.OTHERS ~|~ ~|~FAULTY BANK 1 SENSOR 1 HEATER CIRCUIT ~|~REPLACED BANK 1 SENSOR 1 AF SENSOR, CLEARED CODE AND TEST DROVE.

What do you think? With all this work done do you think it's worth $6k?

When were those services done? Second timing belt should be prior to 200k miles and no service records?

Oh and at this mileage, check alternator, radiator, and transmission fluid. They are due.

If all that service done, then sounds like a good price.

Maybe check front LCAs for worn bushings too.

For comparison, I just picked my 04 GX470 at 124k miles in Phoenix, AZ for $9,000. If those are recent service records, that's a decent price. Timing belt every 100k is important as stated above.

For comparison, I just picked my 04 GX470 at 124k miles in Phoenix, AZ for $9,000. If those are recent service records, that's a decent price. Timing belt every 100k is important as stated above.
Wow thats a good price. I can't find anything like that near me. Or else that is what I'd go for

If all that service was just done then that means this vehicle could have been completely neglected for all these years. Or they had the work done at a private mechanic or do-it-yourselfer. Look over the vehicle for neglect or cheap hose clamps, non toyota parts.

If all that work was recently done at a Toyota dealer and its reasonably clean you would dumb not to buy it

I agree with the above statement to get it so long as that was all done at respectable place and it seems legit.
Check the sticker on the engine regarding when the timing belt change was done (just double checking the paperwork), check under the radiator cap, brake fluid cap for thick, dark fluid on the edges (indicates neglect; do this when engine is cool), check under the car for dents, scrapes, gouges from offroading (indicating how it was driven), shake the tires laterally to the car to check for a "knock" or if they're loose, make sure it feels good through all 5 gears and brakes feel good! It is a long checklist, but it'll give you a good idea of condition.

I just purchased a GX470. I looked for about 4 months, many GX's. There are a lot with milage around 200k or so.
I was looking for clean and well maintained. Quite a few secondary dealers have no idea about these cars. Some are really beat up and have horrible maintenance on them.
I ended up with a one owner 76,000 2004. Full dealer records and in almost perfect condition. $12,500.00 out the door, Lexus dealer in So CA.
Nice thing about this particular dealer, They will put the car on a lift for you.
I am going to do the belts, water pump, radiator, rear shock conversion, lift it and a few other items. I like a baseline on maintenance.
We have a old 2001 Limited 4Runner. We have a ranch down in Tucson, AZ. My wife and I go do the trails down there. The 4runner was a little too small for us, (sometimes we stay the night) I am looking forward to the GX and setting it up for some off roading.
Hang in there, the right GX will come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom