IH 69 Scout 800a (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What should I do with this thing? Is it worth restoring? Or even resto-modding?

I've done plenty of auto / truck restores, but don't know anything about IH Scout 800a. This thing has a little 4 banger in it.
20190826_102653.jpg

My dog took one look at that photo and said Woof! thats Roooough

Scouts were good at rusting...they really had it down to a science. Unless the chassis and underneath are just pristine...I'd sell it for parts or get it to run, put on some new tires, rig the brakes, and use it on your property.

Are all the parts still available if they need to be replaced, pending the frame is in decent shape? Body panels, brake parts, engine, etc.

No doubt the rust is bad. I have not had a chance to inspect the underside in detail yet. The only rust I see on the panels is behind the doors. Probably, the floor pans to some extent, but ive seen worse in old Mustangs.

I think the brakes are locked up on it. The clutch is worn. Just trying to figure out how far down the rabbit hole I want to go. On the other hand, I am not sure it deserves a gutting. I guess the frame inspection will tell.

11” clutch kit is out of stock. It doesn’t list other sizes. That can be rebuilt.
FAD6B506-FAD6-4D52-80B8-EBFEF4A0C5CC.png
25509AE0-F360-465C-B430-6B0B8F780933.png
0E103BAC-211B-4C9D-AF63-ACEA9EF8DFA3.png
D29E335F-F3A2-4D55-96E1-BCADF753782A.png

I like old Scouts a lot. They’re cool niche vehicles. That one looks like a survivor that deserves another crack at life. Go to binder bulletin and find an enthusiast to sell it to.

Are all the parts still available if they need to be replaced, pending the frame is in decent shape? Body panels, brake parts, engine, etc.

No doubt the rust is bad. I have not had a chance to inspect the underside in detail yet. The only rust I see on the panels is behind the doors. Probably, the floor pans to some extent, but ive seen worse in old Mustangs.

I think the brakes are locked up on it. The clutch is worn. Just trying to figure out how far down the rabbit hole I want to go. On the other hand, I am not sure it deserves a gutting. I guess the frame inspection will tell.

Yes. There is now a robust aftermarket for Scouts. It's not to LC levels but it's a helluva a lot better than it was even 10 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom