69 FJ40 restoration troubles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone - First I'm sorry for probably asking really stupid questions. Second, could really use some help with my restoration job. Right now I've got brand 9.5 solid axles from Diamond Axle for the front and back. have a new 383 if I can get the wheels back on :). currently have a frame with rear end and front axle. I am having a bunch of trouble with the knuckle / brake overhaul. I have been trying to use mini truck parts from an 84, but the steering arms are rubbing against my rims. Do folks still recommend using the mini truck method or am I going to have more issues down the road? I'm guessing my original steering linkage isn't going to work with the mini steering arms. Assuming I keep going - anyone have ideas on getting arms to fit? I was going to try maybe swapping the arms to opposite sides but not sure if that will cause other problems. Any help would be appreciated - I've gotten pretty good a rebuilding steering knuckles but still really don't know what I am doing... Brandon

You didn’t say what kind of wheels you have.

That would probably be helpful - original 15” p235/75r15
now
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom