'69 FJ40 Rear brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where can I find rear brake cylinders or kits for 1969 FJ40 ('70 and earlier, I believe)? Would rather not spend a fortune and ten days time to get them from SOR.
Thanks,
Ted

CCOT's replacement wheel cylinders are a different bore than original. Would probably have to replace all 4 rear cylinders to keep the braking balanced.

it was a little work but i did both my 69s with 78 wheel cylinders had to adapt 1 line but it was worth it to me may not work for you good luck

CCOT's replacement wheel cylinders are a different bore than original. Would probably have to replace all 4 rear cylinders to keep the braking balanced.

Then why not do it??

Either that or pay up and wait for SOR :rolleyes:

Used to have a 69 model'40 and I used some that came off of a Cheby truck that would replace the stock ones. That was many years ago, before any of the suppliers now were in buisness. Of course I dont have any part numbers but if you have a good counter man at a long time in business NAPA parts store you might still be able to cross referance the inner guts.....:beer: :beer:
Good Luck......
Dave

You can always try
Marks Off Road He usually has stuff SOR has but a little cheaper, the trick is catching him when hes in the shop.

SOR has the parts you want cause I ordered them, got them in 5 days.

:flipoff2: You can always try
Marks Off Road He usually has stuff SOR has but a little cheaper, the trick is catching him when hes in the shop.

SOR has the parts you want cause I ordered them, got them in 5 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom