69 FJ40 Interior Fuel Evaporator Cover/Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a plate or box to cover the interior fuel line assembly (evaporator?) for a 69 FJ40? I'm new to this and can't seem to find one anywhere. I'm afraid someone crawling over the passenger seat to get into the back will step on the unprotected fuel line assembly. Thanks!

This is all mine has. Its a plastic cover that clamps to the filler tube.

i-LPzL85D-L.jpg

Thanks, this is really helpful! Did you buy that as an aftermarket part or was it always attached?

Those were stock. There is no fuel evaporator in a 69. Only a second small hose to allow fumes to escape when filling the tank.

Those were stock. There is no fuel evaporator in a 69. Only a second small hose to allow fumes to escape when filling the tank.

Correct. I have my tank out right now so I took a couple more pics, with and without the guard over the filler. There's just the filler neck and breather tube on my 69.

i-KGkx4JX-M.jpg
i-VhNCBrH-M.jpg

Correct. I have my tank out right now so I took a couple more pics, with and without the guard over the filler. There's just the filler neck and breather tube on my 69.

i-KGkx4JX-M.jpg
i-VhNCBrH-M.jpg
Very hepful, thank you. And thanks for all the replies. I might put a custom plate in myself over the assembly. With two kids crawling in back I think it’s only a matter of time before a hose gets stepped on.

Very hepful, thank you. And thanks for all the replies. I might put a custom plate in myself over the assembly. With two kids crawling in back I think it’s only a matter of time before a hose gets stepped on.
The factory shields are pretty sturdy. But I wouldn’t consider them kid-proof...even though Toyota did. I have a factory shield for sale in the classifieds if you’re interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom