67 steering wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a very damaged stock steering wheel on my 67 FJ40. I haven't been on the site in awhile. Has anyone found an affordable replacement? Later years don't seem to have a lack of replacement steering wheels available. 1967 is an odd year.

Search MUD for steering wheel restoring/refurbishing. There was a MUD member who was offering this service. If you are handy, Eastwood makes a steering wheel restoration kit for about $60.00. www.eastwood.com

I'm sure I grouped the 67 in with pre-69.
Do you know where to find a 61-7/69 steering wheel?

Also need one or mine restored.

I'm sure I grouped the 67 in with pre-69.
Do you know where to find a 61-7/69 steering wheel?

Other than the want ad in the classified no. Advantage of being at this a long time before the 40 series became popular parts were cheap and easy to find. The link listed seems like a very reasonable solution. Years ago remember someone trying to get ten people together to get them done for a $1K apiece. When a steering wheel cost a $1K that point is no longer a hobby the common person but the Icon crowd who is paying someone to do everything.

I am going to be selling this steering wheel off a ‘67. It was restored by Jimmy/birdhead last year. You can see there are what I would call welts in the outer ring at 1 o clock and five o clock, and two hairline cracks at 12 and 7. The hub is solid, and the cosmetic repairs there have held.

You can leave a VM at the shop to follow up. 818-953-9230

383CFBEC-6C88-469A-88A4-6B4DCF7EF020.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a very damaged stock steering wheel on my 67 FJ40. I haven't been on the site in awhile. Has anyone found an affordable replacement? Later years don't seem to have a lack of replacement steering wheels available. 1967 is an odd year.
I may have one in the garage, I’ll have to look. If I don’t check w/ @pardion he has a lot of nice parts and is very nice. If you find one cracked, faded, etc I can repair and refinish the wheel and horn button to where it looks new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom