Builds 67 R2.8 Restomod Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You do such great work! Such a nice looking 40!

Thank you sir! 🙏 We're excited about this one, it's taking longer than I'd like due to budget constraints but it's going to really sweet when it's done. The owner decided to move to Mexico and has toyed with the idea of taking it Barrett Jackson lately instead of trying to keep it safe down there. Maybe it will be up for sale later this year...

Thank you sir! 🙏 We're excited about this one, it's taking longer than I'd like due to budget constraints but it's going to really sweet when it's done. The owner decided to move to Mexico and has toyed with the idea of taking it Barrett Jackson lately instead of trying to keep it safe down there. Maybe it will be up for sale later this year...
This is a great truck you are building. You and the others at your shop do great work. I can't help but think though that the owner could have enjoyed driving it the last two years, now selling it at BJ?

This is a great truck you are building. You and the others at your shop do great work. I can't help but think though that the owner could have enjoyed driving it the last two years, now selling it at BJ?

Well, the two year timeline is based on his budget. He has us on a limited monthly spend so the project moves rather slowly. If we go hard on a build the cost of parts and labor adds up fast, not everyone is ready to put down big monthly checks to fund a restomod project. He's had a lot of fun spec'ing out the components and being a part of the process, we'll do some test driving before we auction it but he's looking forward to that process too. Barrett-Jackson is an interesting experience so going there to roll a nice car over the blocks ought to be exciting.

Well, the two year timeline is based on his budget. He has us on a limited monthly spend so the project moves rather slowly. If we go hard on a build the cost of parts and labor adds up fast, not everyone is ready to put down big monthly checks to fund a restomod project. He's had a lot of fun spec'ing out the components and being a part of the process, we'll do some test driving before we auction it but he's looking forward to that process too. Barrett-Jackson is an interesting experience so going there to roll a nice car over the blocks ought to be exciting.

Just don’t let them try to talk to you into a no reserve. They try to do that and pressure you. Just say no!

Last edited:
In the meantime... these recent replies have reminded me that I haven't posted much on this build lately. We're mostly in the thick of wiring and plumbing which doesn't make for the most compelling photos but things are coming together. Windshield frame and front end coming together...

20210617_170359.jpg

Underhood wiring and loom is almost complete.
20210317_145121.jpg

Doing some final mockups on the trans tunnel and shifters...
20210616_171706.jpg

20210616_171706.jpg

Center dash is coming together
20210618_165808.jpg

Dakota Digital gauge cluster with Icon machined bezel
20210618_165748.jpg

In the meantime... these recent replies have reminded me that I haven't posted much on this build lately. We're mostly in the thick of wiring and plumbing which doesn't make for the most compelling photos but things are coming together. Windshield frame and front end coming together...

View attachment 2707711

Underhood wiring and loom is almost complete.
View attachment 2707714

Doing some final mockups on the trans tunnel and shifters...
View attachment 2707710

View attachment 2707710

Center dash is coming together
View attachment 2707712

Dakota Digital gauge cluster with Icon machined bezel
View attachment 2707713
Any Updates???

Any Updates???

Yeah, as usual I've been slacking on this thread. We've been chipping away at it the last couple months and are just about ready to turn the key and fire it up. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some cool pics and video to share of it running!

Just read though this entire thread. Spectacular work! Can't wait to see this bad boy running!

This is a great build! did you get it running yet?

We did get it running and out on the road. To make a long story short, a local person saw it in our shop one day and after a lot of discussion the ownership changed hands so now it's going to stay here in Buena Vista and won't be headed to Barrett Jackson. We got it running for the new owner sans hardtop and they took it home for about a month to enjoy it in the Fall weather.

20211005_140048.jpg

They're off to Baja for the winter so it's back with us to get the hard top installed and they also have requested some changes to the interior so we'll be doing some minor upgrades.

Overall I have to say this is probably the best 40 I've ever driven. The coil spring conversion makes a very noticeable improvement in ride and handling and the R2.8 is a really nice package for this size of vehicle. I put about 200 miles on it before handing it over to the owners and was really enjoying it, if I build a 40 for myself one day it will probably be a copy of this build.

Spotted this bad boy while in BV for a wedding a couple of weeks ago. Was stoked to find the build thread with the magic of the Mud search wizardry (thanks Woody!).

Absolutely gorgeous and I can now sleep after trying to figure out the front axle / suspension. My crew was yelling at me to hurry up and quit drooling over a LC so I didn't get to really dig in.

Beautiful work!!
1686593957563.png

Spotted this bad boy while in BV for a wedding a couple of weeks ago. Was stoked to find the build thread with the magic of the Mud search wizardry (thanks Woody!).

Absolutely gorgeous and I can now sleep after trying to figure out the front axle / suspension. My crew was yelling at me to hurry up and quit drooling over a LC so I didn't get to really dig in.

Beautiful work!!

Thanks man! We moved out of BV but the truck has stayed there obviously. The new owners use the heck out of it and so far everything has worked really well for them on the build and combo.

There’s a mudder not too far from BV (Syracuse Utah) that rebuilds something that’d complete that front bumper setup. Just sayin‘ 😉

@Fourrunner

Last edited:
There’s a mudder not too far from BV (Syracuse Utah) that rebuilds something that’d complete that front bumper setup. Just sayin‘ 😉

@Fourrunner

We had a Warn 8274 for it but the new owner actually didn't want it. We talked about putting it back to a stock bumper but for now it just is sort of left for future decisions and upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom