Parting Out 66 FJ40 FST Part out or sell whole (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1966 FJ40 FST that I am looking to move. I would prefer to sell whole truck, but will part out if I cannot sell it whole.

Back half of the tub is rusty, the front not too bad. Floors have a couple holes. Nice bib and hood. Windshield is not cracked or chipped- but I don't think it is OEM. Windshield frame is good, albiet the spotlight. The frame has surface rust, but no holes. Minimum swelling on the rear cross braces. It would clean up very nicely. Tailgate is real straight, with no holes at all in it. Has all the tailgate hardware (I'll straighten the right latch :)) Front fenders are not rusty, but they are OEM and just need some body work. Looks like everything under the hood is there and OEM, except for the fan shroud. All the shields are in place, and look pretty decent.

I fired it up, and it definitely needs a tuneup, but the oil pressure sat at about 12 o'clock--amp guage worked. Didn't smoke at all---I think I may warm it up tomorrow and run a compression test. I don't think there are very many miles on the old 135. Not sure on the speedo, but it is easily tested. No brakes, so it does not drive. Haven't tested the wiper motors, but I can. Nice Sears lockout hubs!

If I don't sell it this week, I will part it out. Have title--even the date of manufacture plate is still there. T66

$2600

Last edited:
I am interested in the tailgate and hardware if you part it out.

I'm interested in the dash grab handle, underseat tool box & lid, the 2 little driver side seat brackets & the rear reflectors.
If you part it out that is.

That is a beautiful cruiser.

I saw it on Craigslist last week for $1500.00.

Way to give your fellow Mudders a break!

For those looking for parts, you can just PM me. I will keep track if I decide to part it out

That is a beautiful cruiser.

I saw it on Craigslist last week for $1500.00.

Way to give your fellow Mudders a break!

Old Red, YOU should have bought it, then you could have posted it here for what you paid for it...

This is moving to part out. Will be starting a new thread after I provide parts to those that already requested parts

I'm interested in the carb , the hub caps , front window handles and hooks , the clips for the jack rod holder or starter rod holder .also the two round hooks on the front dash on each side driver/ passenger.

Thanks Casey

I would love to have the front grille assembly with lights ( if you can ship) I want to make a head board for my son. I would hang it just like it is> love it. thank you

Rust or not someone should save this beauty. I did send a PM about parts I sure hope she gets to a good home and makes it back on the trail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom