65 swb fj45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockcod

No Brain, No Headache!
SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking at a SWB remove-able top, all original, fly catcher doors and windshield, it has no rust, extremely straight, a minor dent in the rear of the bed (about 4" long), 2 1/2" ome lift, rear pinion starting to leak, runs great, stops straight, steering a little sloppy, all electrical works. It does need paint. This truck has been in California its entire life (hence no rust) and has not been abused.

My question is, what would you pay for such an animal?

You know the drill take one of your kids and knock on the door when they answer tell them your son spotted it and the first thing he said when you got home was " Dad I saw a really cool old truck today wouldnt it be awsome if we could work on something like that together someday " Then ask if you could see it up close, the minute your inside have your kid jump behind the wheel and smile the biggest smile he can and yell out " Look Daddy Im driving " then ask them how much they might want for it. AND NO I have never done this with William

Rob,

I "Will" keep that in mind! :)

Dom, 4wd school,

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback.

Tony,

I think you have the disease real bad! :D

Get it!

I think that if you could get it for under $10K in Calif that would be a great start to a nice truck. I paid $15K for mine and it was not original. Knowing what I know now I think I paid too much. But, I am sure happy that I have the old truck and would not sell it for twice that much. :) I guess I almost have twice that much into it by now, not counting my time at a nickel an hour. :eek:

Cheers,

Jim

My question is, what would you pay for such an animal? The question is !!!! What is it going to cost making your wife happy when another cruiser shows up ? OUCH ! But if you do your going to be a HERO in my book.

Tony-

Go get it and take a double trailer so you can grab the LV on the way down.
:grinpimp:

Knowing what I know now I think I paid too much. But, I am sure happy that I have the old truck and would not sell it for twice that much. :) I guess I almost have twice that much into it by now, not counting my time at a nickel an hour. :eek:

Small price to pay for such a great hobby...

I am looking at a SWB remove-able top, all original, fly catcher doors and windshield, it has no rust, extremely straight, a minor dent in the rear of the bed (about 4" long), 2 1/2" ome lift, rear pinion starting to leak, runs great, stops straight, steering a little sloppy, all electrical works. It does need paint. This truck has been in California its entire life (hence no rust) and has not been abused.

My question is, what would you pay for such an animal?

You have perfectly described the nearly impossible to find truck. BUY IT!

Tony, I remember going through the same thing way back, when the sickness took hold of me. I still want to buy these things 15 years later,...Where is this little gem anyway!!! I am pretty sure your wife will shoot you when you drag the lv home,you better get the swb first!!:beer: Remember you only live once,and its only money...YT

Thanks guys,

Whitey and Rob have figured it out. The deal I have with the wife is, if I buy this truck, I have to let something else go. Boy, I am sure going to miss her! :grinpimp: HAHA. But, seriously the LWB is going to be sold or parted. There will be more on that in the next week or so. I am going to pick up the truck next week, I am really excited about having a driver for a change!!

A few teaser pics...
P1010188 (Medium).JPG
P1010189(2) (Medium).JPG
P1020102 (Medium).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom