Wanted 65 FJ45 SWB RT Tailights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking for a set taillights for a 65 SWB RT 45. I don't have anything, so looking for what ever I can find.

I would also be interested seeing what others have used or seen substituted for these lights.

Probably the hardest lights to source, just not many shorty removable tops built. I think they are the same lenses as early 40’s. Do you have the housings?

Probably the hardest lights to source, just not many shorty removable tops built. I think they are the same lenses as early 40’s. Do you have the housings?

No I didn't get any rear light parts with it. I think I might have a set if 40 lenses though. I figured finding a set might be a long shot. Any ideas for a substitute?

The SWB RT would have the taillights in the rear bed panels, not off the rear cross member right? I bought a set of new Toyota taillights and brackets off of eBay (Landcruiserparts) for my ‘65 40, but have decided to use them on my ‘63 SWB FT. They’re actually a little bigger diameter than the originals for the ‘63, the small ones are nla and probably non-existent. So you have specific size holes to fill right? I would guess John @pardion or JP @ClemsonCruiser could help.

Found a pic of them. Searching eBay doesn’t look like they have any and I can’t find the Toyota part number (yet).
1D2C202C-99C4-494F-9A7B-E45C900694D4.jpeg

Last edited:
The SWB RT would have the taillights in the rear bed panels, not off the rear cross member right? I bought a set of new Toyota taillights and brackets off of eBay (Landcruiserparts) for my ‘65 40, but have decided to use them on my ‘63 SWB FT. They’re actually a little bigger diameter than the originals for the ‘63, the small ones are nla and probably non-existent. So you have specific size holes to fill right? I would guess John @pardion or JP @ClemsonCruiser could help.

Found a pic of them. Searching eBay doesn’t look like they have any and I can’t find the Toyota part number (yet).
View attachment 2088611

If you removed the lights from the bracket would they mount in holes in the bed?

I did a generic Google search and found a few flush mount lights that I could probably make work.

If you removed the lights from the bracket would they mount in holes in the bed?
Don’t know my rig mounts to cross member not bed so I don’t what those holes take. I could measure the diameter of these to see if they match the holes but not sure about the actual mounting points to your bed (holes, spacing, etc.). My guess that’s what @whitey45 ’s referring to in his sourcing issue reference.

The taillight (buckets) are the hard part, the opening is bigger. I had one that I sold years ago and could never find another to match.

I will measure the wholes in the bed and post them up. If you don't measuring yours it would hurt to know what the options are.

I am consider some thing like these if I cannot find originals.

s-l400 (2).jpg

s-l400 (1).jpg

not sure if it depended on the year but some LP's had them on the crossmember, the small lights, but these rigs also had the rear swing out tire carrier, my 63 is setup like this
others had the lights in the tub, but they had the spare tire underneath.

this pic is not my rig.
these lights are not for sale, but these are 63 lights.

45-2.jpg

P6300013.JPG

The rear cross member has been customized already. I have been considering reolcating the light to the bumper. Something to think about.

I have a good set of those lights and brackets, just not sure I want to sell them!
Hummm? If you do decide let me know. I think I am probably going end up dealing the rear crossmember for a 40 series cross member I have to give it more of a stock look. Since the 40 series cross member is shorter it might make room for that style of light to be added.

I am still early in the decision making process on this build. I just finished cleaning the packrat nest out of it. I consider that my win today.

Hummm? If you do decide let me know. I think I am probably going end up dealing the rear crossmember for a 40 series cross member I have to give it more of a stock look. Since the 40 series cross member is shorter it might make room for that style of light to be added.

I am still early in the decision making process on this build. I just finished cleaning the packrat nest out of it. I consider that my win today.

Well I just measured and the rear crossmember I have fits under the rear sill perfect, so no room to fit the bumper end style lights unless I cut it shorter.

not sure if it depended on the year but some LP's had them on the crossmember, the small lights, but these rigs also had the rear swing out tire carrier, my 63 is setup like this
others had the lights in the tub, but they had the spare tire underneath.

this pic is not my rig.
these lights are not for sale, but these are 63 lights.

View attachment 2088856

View attachment 2088857
are they the 3 1/4 tail lights? i was thinking of using 3 1/4" on the rear of my 63' fixed top and making some brackets to suit..

poking around on the shelf with taillights, I think I found 1 socket and 1 cone. I'll look for more bits tomorrow

poking around on the shelf with taillights, I think I found 1 socket and 1 cone. I'll look for more bits tomorrow

Thanks, I hope you find more.

Thanks, I hope you find more.

it is a mostly complete set, they aren't pretty,some rust and broken bolts, pics on Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom