65 FJ40 Blower Motor ID (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Just purchased this in a new batch of parts. I think this is a 65 model year but I noticed the motor on the blower says assembled in Mexico. Did Toyota have stuff assembled in Mexico? I also noticed that the blower wheel is metal rather than plastic. I thought they were always plastic.......I like metal better for sure.

Thanks for any input.

1592693631010.JPEG

1592693633319.JPEG

1592693632082.JPEG

That motor is too tall compared to the factory units I’ve seen for that year. And apparently lacking the external two-speed resistor. Also the mating flange looks rough compared to a factory unit.
So I’m going with aftermarket replacement.

That motor is too tall compared to the factory units I’ve seen for that year. And apparently lacking the external two-speed resistor. Also the mating flange looks rough compared to a factory unit.
So I’m going with aftermarket replacement.
Thanks for your input Mark, I had my doubts as well.

Never did a part search because would mean going thru micro-fiche but even thought the heater box changed with the 68 model believe the factory installed early heater blower and duct were the same thru the 73 model. I have switch blower motors around in cruisers in this year range. None had a motor this tall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom