Builds Old Miner’s 64 SWB FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40 MATT

SILVER Star
Threads
Just made a deal on this tonight. It was owned by a old miner for the last 40 years who lived in a cabin in a little miner town. The custom log rack is probably one of my favorite parts of the truck. Will hopefully get the primer off and down to original paint and get it on the road this summer and enjoy it. Here are some pictures

A41002C9-5754-42B2-B06D-7A3ACAFFAAA3.jpeg

C8F67277-717E-4050-B4CD-52F73747E1A3.jpeg

A3A83025-50FC-4786-845D-7CBA3D92EE9E.jpeg

907F67CF-5904-4475-B5CD-D762306F110C.jpeg

0358A15A-D10E-4076-AB59-B992DC7CB2F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice find! Looks like a solid survivor!

Nice find! Looks like a solid survivor!
Thanks ken at first I thought it was your old 45 you had for sale years ago.

She's a creampuff!

#3 ? In under a year. Your hoarding status is moving along quite nicely :)

Sweet score! Wanting me a stock one more and more these days.

Hahaha I can’t help myself

I’ve never owned or seen a swb 45 in person and was wondering if the tail lights on my truck are stock. I have seen them on others and seen other swb 45’s have them mounted on the bumper. Was just curious what years had the tail lights and spare tire carrier on them. Thanks guys

Take a look at this thread.

Take a look at this thread.

Tail lights look stick to me. Same as my removable top. I think the spare tire carriers were on fixed top models only but others with more knowledge than I can confirm.
Thanks guys interested to see what years had the spare tire carrier and which don’t. I don’t think mine came with a spare tire carrier

my 63 fixed top has a rear carrier and taillights similar to a 40 of the same vintage

with your taillights in the bed which is also stock, the carrier would have been underneath the bed, similar to a lpb

my 63 fixed top has a rear carrier and taillights similar to a 40 of the same vintage

with your taillights in the bed which is also stock, the carrier would have been underneath the bed, similar to a lpb
Thanks Paul maybe 64 was when they started putting them under the truck

Thanks Paul maybe 64 was when they started putting them under the truck

I've seen them both ways, maybe it was a year thing.
I took these pics of a rig 15 years ago.
this was a 63 IIRCC it had a stamped bezel also, which is very similar to the 1 sitting in my yard.
maybe it changed when they changed the windshield frame from being permanently attached like mine to the windshield frame with non hinge plates???
DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

Looking for a pair of spring green or sea foam green front doors for the 45. If anyone has a good pair they want to sell or trade parts for let me know. I have a good pair of front doors I could trade as well.

Hopefully will have this truck here in early July. If anyone has a pair spring green doors they want to sell or trade let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom