64 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well,
Its finally home it needs a little love but it isn't in that bad of shape the pile of stuff behind it in the pic is all the crap that was in it. The roof was stored upside down in the weather for a long time so it promptly fell apart when I drug it home. It looks like it has been v8 converted but I would like to go back to stock. If any one in the seattle area has any spare parts let me know I'm interested. Wish me luck!!

20200229_174433.jpg

20200229_174412.jpg

20200229_174405.jpg

20200229_174401.jpg

20200229_174342.jpg

Hi Mike, looks like a great start for a project and 70% of the disassembly is already done for you :cheers: . Keep an eye on the classifieds parts section for some good deals and post "WANTED" ads in the same section for parts you can't find or don't see for sale. Familiarize yourself with the search function as it will help you save lots of time looking for your desired topic. Be sure to post lots of pictures and let us know what your vision is for the new project. There is a good amount of local help over there on the West Coast. Welcome, have fun, learn lots, but most of all.....Enjoy the Journey!

Last edited:
You’ve still got the shortie running boards!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Hardtop is not original to the ‘64. @HelloKitty65 might be able to help with that, and more. Another WA state early model owner, and a real enthusiast.

Well upon further cleaning out of all the extra crap it looks like p.o. has cut out the dash so now I need to figure out what to do about it ,also the sill behind the seats is real rusty also. so I'm looking for replacement sheet metal if any one knows where I can find it. Thanks Mike.

I think both @pardion and @kevos37 may have your dash . There seems to be a run on early ribbed dashes.

If your V8 front motor mounts are removable (good photo please) I'd be a buyer, lemme know.

You’ve still got the shortie running boards!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Hardtop is not original to the ‘64. @HelloKitty65 might be able to help with that, and more. Another WA state early model owner, and a real enthusiast.
You've got a hood spear too, sitting in the underseat tool box. I think this rig has great potential.

@daniel.watters, can you help this effort?

So the story on @daniel.watters's 'old gal'. A month ago he talked me into receiving this parts rig from a seller not far from me in Vancouver, Washington. Mine you, he's in Alabama. I might of naively encouraged him to do this. It was at a mucky dairy in winter. Eric the tow guy had _just_ washed and shined up his tow truck.
Truck on.
20200211_171802.jpg

Mike put his call out for an unhacked early dash. I saw a match made in heaven. Mike bought Daniel's rig based on faith and cell phone pictures.

Meanwhile I'd disassembled some things on the rig, partly because that's fun and partly because my GF was somewhat suspicious that I was trying to sneak in a new truck by just pretending it was a parts rig that I was baby sitting.

Mike's now on his way North with a pickup full of parts, and Eric the tow truck driver (a guy who is getting pretty familiar with this truck) is right behind him.
Truck on, again:
20200307_104131.jpg
20200307_104413.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck to you Mike! Can’t wait to see the two come together as one!

Yup, Clifford the little red dog is home! I have to decide which tub is the better of the two and get started!
It might be confusing to have two early Clffords in the SeaTac area. @red66toy Kinda like that Star Trek with two Captain Kirks, but we'll manage.

It might be confusing to have two early Clffords in the SeaTac area. @red66toy Kinda like that Star Trek with two Captain Kirks, but we'll manage.
Bahaha, to be fair he beat me to it in terms of having the cruiser in WA! Mine is still camped out in CA. Glad to see another early 40 coming back to life. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom