63" Chevy spring hanger mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice I hope to get mine down to Rubicon one of these days. I'm running 5.29 gears so my speed is about 60 mph. I plan on doing a vortec swap maybe next year, perhaps a 5.3/nv4500/atlas case. That should get me into the highway speeds. I also plan on running some Ford springs up front with a shackle reversal but that's a big can of worms. Im following this thread so keep us posted on how it's going!

Here's some pics of the rear flexing, this is as far as she will go. Which I'm extremely happy with.

IMG955655.jpg

IMG955656.jpg

IMG955657.jpg

That's what I am wondering my 62 has ome lift I believe heavy because it rides like a tank I named it roughcunt also has shacked reversal in front and long ome shackles in the rear. At some point i want to redo the front to something that doesn't hang down far and with different front springs a buddy of mine wants me to figure out a shackle reversal for his 60.

For a good Shackle reversal the axle needs a cut and turn. The front drop hanger is to keep good caster angle. Running the rear springs on the front yields pretty good results, so I've heard. Certainly kicks ass on the mini trucks.

Got frame ground and cleaned up today. I’m going to have to remove/modify my tow hitch as it interferes with my new shackle location. Otherwise, things are coming along nicely. I’ll try and get the hangers tacked on to the frame for measurements next Fri.

Once I order the MAF front springs, and do the front, I’ll know if if I have to French my rear hangers into the frame.

Is this a troll thread?

Why would this be a troll thread? Never seen someone improve their Land Cruiser in a way other then a bolt-on lift and allterrains before?

aaawld1.jpg
lacking photos or a thread. All I could find is a couple of old pics. Cut front mounts out of 3 X 3 sq tube. Rears are 2 x2 .250 sq tube cut out for 1.75 .120 DOM that Dayton RB117 bushings would fit in. Spring saddles all steel w/o rubber. I forget what size tube I used to cut them out of, maybe 3x3??.
62.jpg

Why would this be a troll thread? Never seen someone improve their Land Cruiser in a way other then a bolt-on lift and allterrains before?

Basically from the start of rejecting all help of finding a center for an axle to the way it’s hung up in the air for a week until the next action happens ... idk I’d love my kids to hang out next door ...

I haven’t rejected any suggestions or advice at all. And whether you agree or not, pipe stands hold more than enough weight to support the rear end of most cars.

This entire forums has always been a great way to explore builds, learn from others and try new s***. I’m more than content asking questions that make me look dumb, the idea is to learn.

And if kids these days are making it a habit of crawling under cars which are clearly being worked on, I’d say that’s a conversation for another forum.

Back to the Chevy Parts on glorious Toyota’s!

If you have the extra time, now is a really good time to plate the rear C-channel of your frame. It's one of them do it now or do it later things.

1023171210.jpg

You can see in my pic how badly my frame had bent and the shackle hanger twisted in, this is why I had to re-do mine.

@4runnered I do plan on boxing the frame out, and either putting the rear crossmember (for the spare tire carrier) back in place, or at least building in additional bracing when I build a rear tire swingout.

That picture definitely helps explain what can happen though. Thanks

Hangers and mounts tacked up today.

Gonna stretch the wheelbase just a touch. This is back on its own body weight. Shackle mount will be moved in order to make shackle more vertical, because I will later be building bumper/tire carrier and adding a lot more weight.

3186F594-28CF-4503-9FA5-059A6656A4B9.jpeg

E82E765A-C68D-4121-B6FF-19CE60F229B5.jpeg

63632477-F816-48CD-8632-BD79127D933A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom